How do we install subs

Lol. Let me see if I can get a camera. I can't exactly do a HOW-to, but I will take pictures and put up some steps. A Little busy, but I will see to it.

That would pretty sweet I could really use it since I have two left hands when it comes to car audio lol.......

tap into the amp which is under the driver seat. I tapped into the front left and right amp input connections using splice connectors to keep from cutting anything and make it easily removeable.

There is a post here that shows which wires you need to tap into.

do you know where that post it?

I don't know where the post is, but if you want to do it. THe blue & white stripped + White and grey stripped are ones that I know for sure work.

All the none output wires that go to the amp are good to use (they are all full signal)

Why make it so hard? Just remove the factory sub, mount a low profile amp under the passenger seat and tie into the signal wires that previously connected to the sub. The odds are good that you will need a GLI (Ground Loop Interrupter) to prevent the dreaded alternator whine. As far as which wire to use as plus and which as minus, you should determine that by using your ears. The correct answer will depend on where you mount your sub. Get everything in and listen for a day or two one way, then try the other for a day or two. It should be readily apparent that one way sounds better than the other.

I need wiring for the 2008.5 MS3. Is this the wiring for the 2007 or 2008 MS3? or is the wiring the same?

dropped my car off today to get my sub/amp installed in my 08 MS3 GT -- they told me they would rather use a high/low converter rather than solder b/c its less labor intensive -- they'll b workin on it 2morrow. is using a high/low converter fine?

I can't believe this turned into a monster of a thread. It's really not a complicated procedure. I spliced my wires onto the amp input wires under the driver seat and ran them through a LOC just for convenience and to avoid a ground loop isolator. This feeds my aftermarket amp and subs in the trunk without disabling the factory sub or cutting any wires. This allows later removal of the sub and amps without harming the stock radio and speakers.

The stock sub has a plug that goes into it. Just pull up the passenger seat and there will be a plug going into the sub that you can pull right out.

Ed

Back