How do I open the Kenwood sub?

xtrememps

:
08.5 Crystal White MS3
I was posting in a previous thread asking about how to open the stock Kenwood sub enclosure. I need to tighten the wires as my sub keeps on going in/out. How do I open the enclosure? I unscrewed everything and it seems to be glued on..

Sledgehammer works well. But not so good for re-assembly. But it will force you into buying a new sub, which is a good thing.

I ripped my whole amp rack out last weekend.
I say just pull the grill off with a small screwdriver or the hook thing that looks like a screwdriver.
Unbolt the sub and you should be home free.
Apparently the whole rack gets replaced by he dealer when the sub is blown, so i don't think it's meant to come apart any other way.

Awesome, doing that when I get home. Go canada!
On a side note, good thing I didn't rip off the plastic from the glue. lol. (freak)

Read above carefully, I just wanted to get to the wires that connect to the sub. I didn't know you could remove the grill...so I attempted to take off the plasic cover on the bottom to get to them. Now I know you can take off the grill hehe.

xtrememps said:
Read above carefully, I just wanted to get to the wires that connect to the sub. I didn't know you could remove the grill...so I attempted to take off the plasic cover on the bottom to get to them. Now I know you can take off the grill hehe.
go it thanks

Ok, what the hell...I got the sub out. I made sure all the connections were tight and clamped down with some needle noose pliers. Now I hooked up everything, turned on my car....and nothing. The stereo won't turn over, the sub light isn't on. Nothing. I'm gonna go crazy.

xtrememps said:
Maybe....
Is the amps power light on? If not, its the fuse under the hood.

To be positive that the sub is connect correctly, take a 9 volt or even a AA battery and disconnect the speaker wired form the amp. Place the positive SPEAKER (NOT POWER!!!!!) wire on the positive tip of the battery. Place the negative speaker wire on the negative tip of the battery. You should see and hear the sub fire outward. If you do, then the wiring for the sub atleast is fine.

The amp's light isn't on. The radio won't flip over either. Nothing. I'll defeinitely give the battery trick a try, though..and check the fuses. (sad2)

xtrememps said:
The amp's light isn't on. The radio won't flip over either. Nothing. I'll defeinitely give the battery trick a try, though..and check the fuses. (sad2)
Then there is a problem with the fuse for the radio. Probably in the kick panels fuse box. IF the radio won't turn on then neither can the amp.

HOw the hell did you short out the radio anyways?
Be sure you don't have the amplifier remote wire disconnected and touching metal.

Latest posts

Back