How Do I Get the Rear Seatbelt to Retract?

:
Lancer Ralliart Sportback
The rear seatbelt is pulled *all* the way out (doh) and will not retract back in...

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply - but the 'quick tug' t'aint gettin' it! I have tried the s*l*o*w pull also...

(shrug)

My rear ones did that when I changed my springs. Turns out I just had to work slowly with them. Very small tugs seemed to get them to go back in.
moose

mp3moose said:
My rear ones did that when I changed my springs. Turns out I just had to work slowly with them. Very small tugs seemed to get them to go back in.
moose

I had a problem like that when I was putting my coilovers in. They retract but don't come out. I've found that simply bolting them back into the location solved the problem then it would let out the belt freely just like before. I think there is some g force locking mechanism in the belt.

yep! they need to be level like they'd be when bolted in and this should retract them freely.

To follow-up...

The rear seatbelts have a plastic cover that can be easily lifted (it is just clipped) to reveal the belt reel mechanism. Pull it up and you can the see the belt if it is twisted/stuck. Very easy to untwist and it retracts. [sweeeet] :)

Back