How are YOUR f&$king allergies?

What medication do you use?

• Claritin (write in A, B, C etc)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Allegra (write in mg size)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Zrytec (write in mg size)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Some over the counter antihistamine (sp)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
And what medication do you take for them (see above poll)...i ******* hate allergies, and in this hideous ******* state i get them from like late march until october. which is pretty much all the goddamned time, and when its not, its cold enough for my nose to be running like hell anyhow.

so lets talk about allergies...what are your like and what do you do to combat them?

mine i get stuffy yet somehow at the same time runny nose, sneezing, severe itchy eyes to including swelling shut, itching, nausea (probably from all the damn snot running down my throat making me sick), drowsiness (partially from the medication and partly from trying to concentrate on life instead of my horrendous allergic reactions), chronic nosebleeds (some years i get them some i dont), and headaches (probably from the sinuses). only cool thing is my sinuses are so ****** up i can blow air out my left eye tear sac thing.

ive tried to get allergy testing/shots but because im Army ill never be home all 52wks out of a year to get a shot once a week.

ive tried:

* Claritan A,B,C,D,E...whatever the whole goddamned alphabet of claritan products
* Allegra different sized doeses
* Zyrtec
* Flownase
* Over the counter bulls***

claritan didnt work for s*** on me, i might as well have been taking sugar capsules. allegra 180mg TWICE per day worked damn well, but the doctor said i could damage my kidney or liver or something taking that much, and wouldnt prescribe that much for me. im taking zyrtec now, and it pretty much works like smaller does of allegra. flownase does nothing for me, and over the counter bulls*** works for me if i double up but then im knocked the **** out. the other medications only make me partly drowsy.

basically im ******* miserable 9 months out of the year. i cant wait to move. in pennsylvania my allergies lasted from like very late may until mid july. ******* oklahoma...only reason texas doesnt fall into the gulf of mexico is because oklahoma sucks so bad.

yeah mine are TERRIBLE- im really bad with pollen. cats shedding, itchy eyes, stuffy nose, ARGH!!!

i have a stuffy nose most the time. it sucks.

I only get allergies from the pollen for a week or two, I usually just get wasted on benadryll

i used to take claritan, but ive been off it about 6 months and i feel the same as i did when i took it, so basically it didn't do s***...what a waste of money.

Try Aerius...new on the market. It was a prescription medication last year and now it's over the counter. Works great, but it's hella expensive. Not sure of its availability in the US, but it's here in Canada.

Mine are terrible...seems like I've had a headache for months...plus I've had strep throat and an ear infection on top of that! Sucks big time

Matthew said:
And what medication do you take for them (see above poll)...i ******* hate allergies, and in this hideous ******* state i get them from like late march until october. which is pretty much all the goddamned time, and when its not, its cold enough for my nose to be running like hell anyhow.

so lets talk about allergies...what are your like and what do you do to combat them?

mine i get stuffy yet somehow at the same time runny nose, sneezing, severe itchy eyes to including swelling shut, itching, nausea (probably from all the damn snot running down my throat making me sick), drowsiness (partially from the medication and partly from trying to concentrate on life instead of my horrendous allergic reactions), chronic nosebleeds (some years i get them some i dont), and headaches (probably from the sinuses). only cool thing is my sinuses are so ****** up i can blow air out my left eye tear sac thing.

ive tried to get allergy testing/shots but because im Army ill never be home all 52wks out of a year to get a shot once a week.

ive tried:

* Claritan A,B,C,D,E...whatever the whole goddamned alphabet of claritan products
* Allegra different sized doeses
* Zyrtec
* Flownase
* Over the counter bulls***

claritan didnt work for s*** on me, i might as well have been taking sugar capsules. allegra 180mg TWICE per day worked damn well, but the doctor said i could damage my kidney or liver or something taking that much, and wouldnt prescribe that much for me. im taking zyrtec now, and it pretty much works like smaller does of allegra. flownase does nothing for me, and over the counter bulls*** works for me if i double up but then im knocked the **** out. the other medications only make me partly drowsy.

basically im ******* miserable 9 months out of the year. i cant wait to move. in pennsylvania my allergies lasted from like very late may until mid july. ******* oklahoma...only reason texas doesnt fall into the gulf of mexico is because oklahoma sucks so bad.

(boom05) DAMN DUDE!!!! Hey I feel you man, mine are pretty ****** up too. Freaking sneesing and stuffy/runny nose, IT ALL SUCK!!!! But hey u got to live, and take some of the s*** to make u feel a little better.

I have allergies, but it affects my breathing instead of my eyes or nose. I started on allergy shots last year and after about 1.5 months od 2 shot per week, I had a really bad reaction that sent me to the ER 3 times in 1 weekend until they decided to give me the strongest staff they had. I don't mean to scare anyone, but people have died from allergy shots. Just be careful. Other people think that allergy shots are the best thing. Allergy shots contain all the things that you are allergic to in one dose. The dosage is gradually increased over time.

OSIRIS said:
Mine are terrible...seems like I've had a headache for months...plus I've had strep throat and an ear infection on top of that! Sucks big time
oh yea i forgot about the constant burning throat since at night i obviously have to sleep with my mouth wide open because i cant breath through my nose.

Matthew said:
oh yea i forgot about the constant burning throat since at night i obviously have to sleep with my mouth wide open because i cant breath through my nose.
Have you tried Singulair?

I also get snot draining down my throat.

I'm on: Singulair, Zyrtec, Respa, Flonase, Rynhocourt Aqua, and over the counter Sudafed D. thats all for my allergies.

i'm like Matthew... end of March until October. Reactine, Claritan don't work for me at all. it's like i'm wasting money on those. i tried the new stuff Alerius, for one week. didn't make much of a difference. lucky my girlfriend works at a pharmacy this summer, she gets everything at cost.

i use Allegra-D ... D for Decongestant. has some extra stuff in there to help decongest your sinuses. i find it can get me through most of the day. but i get really thirsty so i always keep a bottle of water around and keep drinking it, so i don't get dehydrated. i find the 12 hour tablets work a bit better than the 24 hr tablets. although it sucks trying to take the tablet the same time every 12 hrs.

Hmm I'm allergic to cats does that count? My eyes get puffy and red, My nose get stuffy and I itch like hell. Don't have to take any medicine though. I itch till I take a shower too.... this allergy is pretty new. Maybe like 6 months now. I hate cats now....

Chiropractic has some research that suggests that upper cervical adjustments can actually benifit people with allergies...especailly seasonal allergies and headaches induced by allergies. It has to do with parasympathic nerve stimulation and reducing nerve irritation (ok I'll stop). I look at it this way it's worth a try...and the only side effect of chiropractic is getting better.

Back