Hotchkis Bars and H&R on a Mazda5

And me makes four! Also do you guys have the camber links? And are these for the front or the rear? Hopefully the rear because my five has cupped its rear tires to death at 27,000 miles.

i used the mazdaspeed camber links. they worked like a charm. anything for the mazda3 or mazdaspeed3 in that regard will work fine.

I was thinking about getting a pair of stock mazdaspeed3 springs, would that drop my 5 slightly? Also I would be interested in a camber kit.

ken, what are your overall impressions of the whole set-up? one of the thing i want to do to our mazda5 when we get it is to tighten up the suspension. so, i would be interested in a kit of springs, sways, camber links, and strut bar.

how is the travel with the H&R springs? does the back bottom out at all when you load it up?

i also noticed that Koni is listing some adjustable struts for the 5 now, which is great because i get a discount on their stuff. do you think that new struts would be required with the H&R's?

onto the sways... how much of a bastard is the front bar? easier / harder than the protege front bar? are the bars ok to use with the stock endlinks?

thanks again.

ken, what are your overall impressions of the whole set-up? one of the thing i want to do to our mazda5 when we get it is to tighten up the suspension. so, i would be interested in a kit of springs, sways, camber links, and strut bar.

how is the travel with the H&R springs? does the back bottom out at all when you load it up?

i also noticed that Koni is listing some adjustable struts for the 5 now, which is great because i get a discount on their stuff. do you think that new struts would be required with the H&R's?

onto the sways... how much of a bastard is the front bar? easier / harder than the protege front bar? are the bars ok to use with the stock endlinks?

thanks again.

the back never bottoms out, even with six people and cargo aboard. i think new struts aren't required but to complete the package that would be nice. the 5 handles much nicer with springs, links and sways but keep in mind its basically a taller and heavier mazda3 when it comes down to it. its certainly not an MPV but its not an MSP either :)

front bar install is about as bad as on the protege. i am running stock endlinks and have checked twice for broken links but so far so good!

i know it wont handle as well as the protege, but i think it can be improved. sounds like that might be the package, then. thanks.

one more - are you still running "stock" wheels on it?

Can you clarify... what is the size of the stock front and rear bars, and what is the size of the bars you upgraded to? Also, did you use stock endlinks or aftermarket?

Can you clarify... what is the size of the stock front and rear bars, and what is the size of the bars you upgraded to? Also, did you use stock endlinks or aftermarket?

factory endlinks, i will get measurements for you

The Progress rear bar is 22mm in case you are interested. If I were to guess I would say the OE rear bar was roughly 15-17mm

Hey Capt, the rear camber correction kit you are talking about is the adjustable upper bar correct? And these will work on the 5?

Perfect Setup?

Captain,

Looking into the perfect suspension setup for my 2006 Mazda5. I was curious if you would recommend any improvement or changes the the package listed below. I am an agressive daily drive but want a setup that will not click, clunk or make me sorry I upgarded. Gonna be purchasing everything in about a week, one shot deal (rockon)

Rims: ADR 90 Interspeeds (18" w/ 42 offest) Already Installed (hump)
Springs: H&R
Sway Bars: Hotchkins
Tower Bar: AutoExec
Rear Camber: MazdaSpeed 3
Front Camber: ??
Struts: ??
Intake: Fujita F5
Rotors: R1 Concepts
Pads: Green

If anyone else has some suggestions, I would be happy to receive them. Thanks in Advance ~

Captain,

Looking into the perfect suspension setup for my 2006 Mazda5. I was curious if you would recommend any improvement or changes the the package listed below. I am an agressive daily drive but want a setup that will not click, clunk or make me sorry I upgarded. Gonna be purchasing everything in about a week, one shot deal (rockon)

Rims: ADR 90 Interspeeds (18" w/ 42 offest) Already Installed (hump)
Sway Bars: Hotchkins
Tower Bar: AutoExec
Front Camber: ??
Struts: ??
Rotors: R1 Concepts

If anyone else has some suggestions, I would be happy to receive them. Thanks in Advance ~

go with the koni or mazdaspeed struts for the mazda3. front camber is not required and can be adjusted back into spec without an adjustment kit. go with cobb or eibach swaybars.

Thanks for the quick response. Ill be giving the Protege Garage a call about the 1st of May, ordering what you have available from the list below. I wonder if others would be interested in a "Suspension Package" similar to this.

Rims: ADR 90 Interspeeds (18" w/ 42 offest) Already Installed ( LINK )
Sway Bars: Eibach
Tower Bar: AutoExec (or similar/cheaper)
Front Camber: none
Struts: Koni
Rotors: R1 Concepts ( LINK )

Are there any other parts that you would recommend to add to or improve this list? Also, do you think there will be any clerance issues with this setup?Thanks Again ~ (cabpatch)

Last edited:
Your 18 w/ 42 offset might be a problem. Minimum offset should be 48 for the tires to be flush with the fenders. When dropping the 5, with this offset, it will definitely hit the fenders.

Oops, Actually I have a 48 offset front and back. It was a royal pain finding the right looking rim with such a high offset. Konig, American Racing and tons other MFGs didnt have that many choices that I liked in 5 x 114.3 +48.

The ADR's I finally settled on were my 3rd/4th choice, but still look pretty good. I was going to get the Konig Randoms ( LINK ) only to find that they were discontinued 2 years ago and that not a single set were available nation wide in this offset and bolt pattern. I searched the world over (online) to find the right rims, and amazingly ADR's are manufactured less than 10 miles from my house.

As you can see below, it needs a drop to finish the look, but Im really going for perfromance over looks, I like to drive fast - - ZOOM ZOOM 4 REAL - -

TJ, I appreciate the heads up ~ MazdaForums ROCK!!!

Attachments

• mazda5_front_v1a.gif
    mazda5_front_v1a.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 306
  • mazda5_rear_v1a.gif
    mazda5_rear_v1a.gif
    73.3 KB · Views: 295
  • mazda5_side_v1a.gif
    mazda5_side_v1a.gif
    72.7 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Latest posts