Hooking up MP3

BWF

Hello All;

Long time member, first time post. I have a 2003 P5 with 79,850 miles. I bought it with 42,130 on the clock. Clean and great to drive. My daily commute is 80 miles on I-95. I need to find a way to hook up my MP3 player to the standard audio system and would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Anyone out there who has done the same thing or knows of how to go about doing this, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Hello All;

Long time member, first time post. I have a 2003 P5 with 79,850 miles. I bought it with 42,130 on the clock. Clean and great to drive. My daily commute is 80 miles on I-95. I need to find a way to hook up my MP3 player to the standard audio system and would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Anyone out there who has done the same thing or knows of how to go about doing this, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Yup,

http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

Find a used one or wait for the new shipment.

if u have an ipod go with the grom device, there is nothing betting in my opinion, google it

The best way is to upgrade to an aftermarket head unit with iPod capabilities or at least an aux. input. That's what I did and it's a necessity for any P5, the stock stereo is nothing to be proud of, IMO.

lol yeah it is i have a indash 6disc changer i had it running to to a in line converter and have a 157.6 db with a factory head unit,,, i have 2 L7 12s and a T2000.1 rockford amp i have since took my head unit out and put a single din tv with many options and it lowered my db by 4.6 so yeah there good factory radios

Don't really want to start an argument here, but

The sylfex unit just plugs in and is made especially for mazda radios.

lol yeah it is i have a indash 6disc changer i had it running to to a in line converter and have a 157.6 db with a factory head unit,,, i have 2 L7 12s and a T2000.1 rockford amp i have since took my head unit out and put a single din tv with many options and it lowered my db by 4.6 so yeah there good factory radios

Mine didn't have the CD changer, but with stock speakers (the weak link in the system) it didn't have any power at all, couldn't barely hear any bass.

Do a unit from Grom either usb or ipod. the good thing is that it charges the Ipod while it plays. I have it. Took 15min to install, didn't require taking apart the actual headunit and works and sounds great. Just my two cents. www.gromaudio.com

Go to Best Buy and buy a unit that slips into your cassette deck. Cheap, easy to install, works in any cassette player.

Do a unit from Grom either usb or ipod. the good thing is that it charges the Ipod while it plays. I have it. Took 15min to install, didn't require taking apart the actual headunit and works and sounds great. Just my two cents. www.gromaudio.com

This looks like a good idea. I like the USB flash drive input, and 3.5mm jack. Much more input flexibility than the AuxMod. Was it easy to find the connector (that the Grom harness attaches to) inside the stock deck? When I popped the cover off I think mine was buried deep inside. Also, does it fit nicely? (pics)

Go to Best Buy and buy a unit that slips into your cassette deck. Cheap, easy to install, works in any cassette player.

Appreciate the feedback, but my unit has no cassette player. A one disc CD player only.

Thanks,

I like this approach. Looks simple and quick.

Thanks,

Another vote for the Auxmod. Installed one into my stock head unit two years ago, still works perfectly.

$60 for the aux mod?
$90 for the grom?

You might as well buy a new headunit that has those features and more :\

New member also looking for a good solution. Does the Grom ipod version also have a 3.5 jack? I'm looking to also use my portable sirius in the car and can't stand the interference with the transmitter.

Back