Homelink remote is being a real pain lately....worked fine for 7 months or so.....

IgoZoom

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD, Crystal White Pearl, Bose/Moonroof
My 2012 CX-9 GT has the Rearview Mirror with programmable Homelink remote buttons. I programmed the first button (closest to the driver's side) to open my garage door when I bought my CX-9 last November. It has always required that I press and hold it for a half-second (not just tap it quickly). But over the last two months or so, it has become a total pain!

It rarely works on the first attempt, whether you're inside the garage trying to open it to back out or coming down the driveway! Sometimes it takes three or four press-and-hold sequences to finally open the garage door!

I really don't want to go back to the clunky remote clipped to visor, but I wonder what is up with my Homelnk?

I wonder if it migith work better if I tried to program the second button to open it instead?

Any ideas?

Well, if it's under warranty, have the mirror replaced under warranty....

I just posted a note on my upgrade experience with some new Liftmaster lifters with homelink. I had the most obscure problem with my TWO homelink mirrors in my CX-9 and CX-7 with the homelink. We have a cheap $10 wireless remote wall switch that we use to turn a small fountain on/off that is pulgged in across the house. Not operating and in standby mode only. With THAT cheap device, just plugged into the wall (in an on or off state) my homelinks mirrors would not work reliably or at all. Opening or closing the doors would not work sometimes or maybe would work only if the car was parked into the garage. I don't know what frequency the cheap remote worked on but it obviously interacted someway over the 110V AC in my home that caused the lifters to not work.

Anything new plugged into your A/C in the last 7 months? Any type of remote control?

Last edited:
Back