Hole in rear bumper!

loghyc

:
2010 Mazda CX-9
Has anyone ever patched a bumper? my wife tapped a pole with a hook in it that put a 2 inch hole about 5 inched from the tail light. I want to patch it myself I just need some guidance. Thanks in advance...

Check out the www.urethanesupply.com website. These guys are in the business of selling to the trade and focus almost entirely on plastic auto part repairs. The company is run by a real engineer who puts together really quite excellent brief summaries of options and also has a book on plastic repair that covers everything from identifying exactly what type of plastic to pointing out the specific options pros/cons and techniques of repair. Plastic welding is involved but that is really a fancy name for a hot knife to melt things back into position or to make a patch "weld" into place. Urethane Supply has kits so you can get everything you need from them to do the patching and welding. Even videos! Obviously there is also paint prep and finishing but you can buy all those materials from urethanesupply too or farm that part out to Maaco etc. I had both bumpers on another car painted quite competently by Maaco for about $200.

Last edited:
Back