HKPRO5's Supercharger Build Thread

Got the new piping routed. Need to paint the pipes. Other than that everything is good.

EDIT
photo21-2.jpg

Last edited:
Damn that looks sooooo clean, Cres. And your strut bar looks good white. I think I'll paint mine too. But are you missing your battery tie down?

ps- thank you for finally posting pics.

So decided once I fix the small things, get the sway bar on (rear) Ill start up in SCCA again. Turns out the have a new class SMF (Street Modified FWD) This way I dont get murdered by souped up M3s and STIs lol.

So
Replace AEM Wideband Sensor
Replace second O2 sensor
Change flanges on exhaust to 3 bolt with gasket
Get new endlinks and install RSB. (Progress)

you guys just got smf? weve had that for a while. you hawaii guys always late on the trends ;)

its pretty competitive. there are always fully gutted ef hatches in there with 9 inch slicks. and they usually dominate the class

meh its the same guys I was racing. I was in the top part of the other cars in SM, just in front of me were the STIs, and M3s.

So switched back to the OEM injectors. I think that the 440s were a bit much. Also went back to an old tune. Well see how it goes.

Car is REALLY dirty. Going to wash it later tonight.

Is your BOV venting to atmosphere or recirc? and where would be the best place to tie back into the intake if its recirc? i hear right before the supercharger is the way to go?

i dont see a purpose in recirculating. it usually helps a turbo spool faster, but we dont have to worry about that.

Well... unless the car is tuned with a MAP sensor, and not a MAF sensor, the ECU has already calculated the fuel delivery based upon the airflow going thru the MAF. The moment the BOV opens and vents to atmosphere, a great deal of the air that was used in the calculation for fuel delivery is no longer going into the engine, creating a very rich moment before the transition from boost to vacuum has settled. VTA can produce backfires for no reason.

Well... unless the car is tuned with a MAP sensor, and not a MAF sensor, the ECU has already calculated the fuel delivery based upon the airflow going thru the MAF. The moment the BOV opens and vents to atmosphere, a great deal of the air that was used in the calculation for fuel delivery is no longer going into the engine, creating a very rich moment before the transition from boost to vacuum has settled. VTA can produce backfires for no reason.

if the MAF is located between the BOV and the intake manifold this should not be a problem though am i right?

Back