High compression build?

everyone is going to tell you that you cant make power this way.

i listened and went boost but that is not the point

you can make some good power NA. heres what you need: fsze pistons, fsze/corksport power series cams, some head work, remove vtcs, cai, header, exhaust, and ssafc/mpi tuner or standalone, youll make some good power. it will cost you a little money, but it it will be well worth it.

you will have immediate throttle response and power where you need it, and you will have the prestige of being someone who actually bothered to do a na build who could stand up to a mildly modded msp.

just do it man, dont let everyone else put you down.

and remember that it is not all about numbers....

depends on what the mods are. you can do simple bolt ons and a tune on an msp and have over 200whp

Mmmm, not so sure about that, tweety. Most of the local MSP's around here with minor bolt-ons are around 160-170whp. Then again, what do you classify "simple bolt-ons"?

Mmmm, not so sure about that, tweety. Most of the local MSP's around here with minor bolt-ons are around 160-170whp. Then again, what do you classify "simple bolt-ons"?

exhaust manifold,tbe, intake, mbc, and ssaftc. looking at around what $1600-2000?(very rough estimate) plus another $1000-1500 for the turbo stuff. this is around about what ill be going with when i start piecing my turbo stuff together and 200whp is what ill be shooting for.

if he was shooting for 160whp it would be way easier to accomplish but 200 is another story plus even when you get to that point your still gona want more so in the end he would just turbo it anyway

Oh I totally agree with you that squeezing power from the FS being N/A is a waste of money. Forge it and boost it and the OP can get 200whp. If he wants to stay N/A and get 200whp he should consider a KLZE swap for sure.

Isn't Repthemazdas talking about doing an N/A FS-DE build too? Waste of money, IMHO...

Oh I totally agree with you that squeezing power from the FS being N/A is a waste of money. Forge it and boost it and the OP can get 200whp. If he wants to stay N/A and get 200whp he should consider a KLZE swap for sure.

Isn't Repthemazdas talking about doing an N/A FS-DE build too? Waste of money, IMHO...

Rep is doing a mild turbo build now IIRC wants to do the SpeedCircuit kit minus the snail because he wants a different one so he can run lower boost...

The 197.6 whp guy was actually installshield and he used forged aluminium internals :)
Installshield indeed, and you're right; I was "misremembering"... it was only the wrist pins that were made of titanium...

All good. Just thought id better post as forged aluminium costs less.

On a side note not sure forged aluminium is really needed installshields pistons and rods are so light that he almost has problems with the car starting.

It's not needed for stock rev limiter no... agreed. It would still be a nice upgrade if you have the coin though.

It isn't about power, it is about the efficiency in getting as much to the wheels as possible.

For 10 Grand, You could get a Forged Motor, Standalone and Turbo that would make 350 WHP...

i would hope that you would get more power than that for 10k hell for that much money you can buy a car with more power than that...

bear in mind too the aftermarket for our cars isnt exactly spectacular. i can understand that view though because it is true lol. really comes down to personal preference and choice. if you feel the car is worth spending that kind of money (which to me it is, and i did) then go for it. on the other hand i don't disagree with someone who would rather take that money and get something that is faster out of the box and has been proven to make much more power. its up to the individual.

You wouldnt need titanium rods, just forged aluminium for high rpm.

Forged aluminium will get you to about 8200rpm which is more then enough, my planned build works around the 7800 rpm mark.

It isn't about power, it is about the efficiency in getting as much to the wheels as possible.

For 10 Grand, You could get a Forged Motor, Standalone and Turbo that would make 350 WHP...

better invest some of that 10 grand in the transmission...

The problem isnt making the 200 hp its getting it to the wheels thats the problem cause of our trannys.Our trannys have about a 10 percent power loss for whatever reason and the b series trannys have like 5 percent Hondas dont lose that much power through the tranny like 5 or 10 horsepower while ours lose almost 15hp to 20 hp.With a good build with slightly oversized ze pistons,alot of headwork like i did with ze cams,full port and polish on head and intake manifold,head shaved with a less thick cosmetic headgasket,like i am planning on doing and with a good tune or mp3 ecu,headers,and intake you'll reach 200 hp like nothing but you'll only get like 175 to the wheels but hey when compared to 110whp the motor makes stock that is not bad at all :)

better invest some of that 10 grand in the transmission...

Ummm, More like I have over $10,000 invested in my transmission...

MP5T.jpg

GEARRATIORESEARCH-3.jpg

PAR-31.jpg

Back