Hey! Soon to be CX9 owner..

joebar

Hi all..

Looking to get a 2010 Touring CX9 with the bose/moonroof and power liftgate packages.. I live on LI, NY -- Can anyone else from this area recommend a good dealer? Also, would it be worth my time to investigate dealers in NJ or PA for better pricing? I'm sure the tax rates are lower if nothing else. Does anyone have experience with buying cars out of state? How does the DMV registration work?

Also, does anyone have pics of a Blue CX9 with sand leather? The two dealers we checked out around here only had black..

We (of course) checked out the Highlander and Pilot prior to this -- as soon as we saw the first CX9 in person the decision was made. This guy looks like a luxury vehicle compared to the other ones. Very classy cockpit and great ride..

Thanks!

joebar,
edmunds.com's CX9 forum usually is more useful when it comes to buying.
You defintely will get more responses on buying there.
Once you get one, welcome back here.

Have you test-driven one yet?
The GT with 20" wheels may ride a bit hash for some people.
The T and Sports with 18" wheels are softer in ride.
CX9 handles beautifully around corners like a sports sedan.
Braking is also one of the fortes of CX9. (can't say that about Honda Pilot - or any Honda saved S2000/NSX).

Last edited:
Yep, took one out for a spin yesterday and thought it was great. Far more fun than the Highlander. Just hope it's not too tricky for my wife and I to parallel park (which luckily is pretty rare in the 'burbs)..

Noticed in your sig you have a blue on beige. Can you post a few pics (especially ones that show the color combination off)?

joebar,
edmunds.com's CX9 forum usually is more useful when it comes to buying.
You defintely will get more responses on buying there.
Once you get one, welcome back here.

Have you test-driven one yet?
The GT with 20" wheels may ride a bit hash for some people.
The T and Sports with 18" wheels are softer in ride.
CX9 handles beautifully around corners like a sports sedan.
Barking is also one of the fortes of CX9. (can't say that about Honda Pilot - or any Honda saved S2000/NSX).

I think the Touring is the best of the bunch. I never understood why they put the harsher riding 20's on the 'luxury' trim, instead of the Sport trim.

You get all the nice features and extras without the most gimmicky ones, and a nicer ride than the GT.

To each one's own.
Coming from BMW 540i, I think the ride of GT is just right for me.
For sure, it is not the soft ride you would find in a typical Lexus.

I also live in NY, but in Westchester. I took a drive to NJ to select my 2009 CX9.
I drove the car home within two hours!
DMV paperwork was done by the dealer.
The tax rate doesn't change because of where you bought the car. You still have to pay that same NY rate in order to register the car in the state.
I had a great selection to choose from and prices were better than locally. But as with any dealer, you must be careful of their tricks of deceptions.
You have to ask yourself is it worth the trip and then where would you go locally to have warranty work done.

Back