hey i'm new

bennettman123 said:
hey guys im new here too. i just got a mp5 monday. i love it so far. its an 03 black 5 speed with leather interior. im looking to put a sub in from my old car and i was wondering if the stock cd player will work with it? my old car had an alpine cd player and i know it had an output for an amp. i was just wondering if the stock cd player would work?

welcome to the familia as well!!!! you can run an amp with you stock head unit might not have as much control of you subs as you would want but you can, you just have to get in-line converter that will let you run rca wires to your amp and you hook up the amp just like you did in your other car. for the remote wire you just have to hook it up to a power source that turns of with the car.

Kansei said:
or pioneer premier if you want the best because alpine has tragically gone MASSIVELY downhill in the past couple years.

(don't mind me.. I love my alpine, see my avatar pic.. it's a 2002 alpine though)
i would have to agree.WTF happened to alpine

alpine, pioneer, clarion, etc. they have all lost control of themselves. they want to provide nothing but the loudest bass, cuz thats what the trend is these days. some people arent happy unless their trunk rattles like it has BBs in the hinges (my friend runs a shop and they actually had to do that to make a customer happy). panasonic has focused more on clarity. you can still feel the bass slowing your heart rate, but the highs come in clear as a bird.

musiclikscreams said:
in order to completely disingage my clutch, i have to push the clutch to the floor. is that normal? can i shorten it?

According to the paperwork that came with the exedy clutch I had to get to turbo my car, that's how they say most people like it adjusted. You can adjust the point where it grabs, I'll try to remember to look up the thread on these forums about it. I know I've seen it somewhere.

Kansei said:
According to the paperwork that came with the exedy clutch I had to get to turbo my car, that's how they say most people like it adjusted. You can adjust the point where it grabs, I'll try to remember to look up the thread on these forums about it. I know I've seen it somewhere.

thanx

Kansei said:
or pioneer premier if you want the best because alpine has tragically gone MASSIVELY downhill in the past couple years.

(don't mind me.. I love my alpine, see my avatar pic.. it's a 2002 alpine though)

oh yeah definately! i got the older Alpines and it's freaken awesome, once they put out that "slide bar" crap it just like..sucks!

welcome! if you like your P5 now, give it a little time... you'll LOVE it. as far as basic mods... intake/header/exhaust, underdrive pulley, fs-ze intake cam, shortshifter and bushings, springs/struts or coilovers, upgrade your rear sway bar!!!, audio (if that's what you're in to), there's so much you can do... to get the best bang for you buck, you have to turbo, but that does take about $2-3k. many great people on the board, and there's LOTS of info on here, have a look around :)

welcome to the fam!
search around and i'm sure you'll find a project/mod soon enough. when i first got mine i was consumed by trying to get every possible (and affordable) MSP upgrade i could find and fit on the P5.
as so rightfully stated before... Welcome to your new addiction!

Back