hey i'm new

:
'02 red MP5
just got me a P5 about a week ago. i love it. anything i should know? any cool, quick and easy mods i can start out w/? thanks

Year, color, auto, manual etc etc? As far as mods, what direction do you want to go? For some minor performance gains a lot of owners go with a header/intake/exhaust or you could go for the handling and make the handling even better....or are you looking for more show than go?

A lot of good info and people can be found here....everything above has been talked about so you could search to find what others have done/like/dislike. And of course if you have questions post up, someone can help you out.

Oh, and welcome to your new addiction!

its red. and of course manual. its already got exhaust. i've got my audio squared away for the most part. i'm really lookin to increase performance. once i finish up my audio stuff and invest in a good radar detector (any suggestions?) i think i'm gonna start w/ intake. i don't make a lotta $ and i still gotta pay off my P5 so if you know any way to cut costs, by all means. thanks for the warm welcome

the search feature will be your best friend...chances are every question has been answered..welcome

musiclikscreams said:
its red. and of course manual. its already got exhaust. i've got my audio squared away for the most part. i'm really lookin to increase performance. once i finish up my audio stuff and invest in a good radar detector (any suggestions?) i think i'm gonna start w/ intake. i don't make a lotta $ and i still gotta pay off my P5 so if you know any way to cut costs, by all means. thanks for the warm welcome

Yay....another c-red on the boards!! (first) No ideas on radar detectors. As far as performance the best approach is to turbo, but that takes $$$$. For mods that wont break the bank, check the for sale section. That is where I have bought a few of mine. As far as intakes, a lot of people will say to buy a cheap one off of ebay and replace the filter with a K&N....big savings over the name brand (AEM, K&N, etc).

Got pics??(poke)

i've only got the dealer pics right now.

i'd really freakin love to go to that thing in orlando but i got college meetings i gotta go to that day. where can i keep up on all the FL events? i'm in fort lauderdale and orlando is a bit far away. i'm goin on a road trip to nashville for spring break so if there's anything goin on then, maybe i can stop on my way up there.

thanks

musiclikscreams said:
i've only got the dealer pics right now.

i'd really freakin love to go to that thing in orlando but i got college meetings i gotta go to that day. where can i keep up on all the FL events? i'm in fort lauderdale and orlando is a bit far away. i'm goin on a road trip to nashville for spring break so if there's anything goin on then, maybe i can stop on my way up there.

thanks
hey dude, theres a florida section towards the bottom of the forum index. heres the link to the florida board so you can see whats happening in your area ans what not......>http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

musiclikscreams said:
just got me a P5 about a week ago. i love it. anything i should know? any cool, quick and easy mods i can start out w/? thanks

you could shave the side moldings on the doors by just pulling them of and then getting some adhesive remover to get rid of the excess glue.

hey guys im new here too. i just got a mp5 monday. i love it so far. its an 03 black 5 speed with leather interior. im looking to put a sub in from my old car and i was wondering if the stock cd player will work with it? my old car had an alpine cd player and i know it had an output for an amp. i was just wondering if the stock cd player would work?

yeah the p5 is fun!! great car to drive! engine is very fragile tho. easiyest mods are (basically for all cars) intake, header, full exhaust, rims, lowering springs, tint, stuff like that

good luck with it and enjoy! :) oh and welcome to the forum, lots of great info here

its best to get an aftermarket cd player. id recommend panasonic if you want a clear sounding system, clarion or pioneer if you want to hear nothin but bass.

or pioneer premier if you want the best because alpine has tragically gone MASSIVELY downhill in the past couple years.

(don't mind me.. I love my alpine, see my avatar pic.. it's a 2002 alpine though)

Back