hesitation when running temp good when cold

bacon21

first off let me say its not my car that this is happening to
it started happening after the engine was replaced due to the crankshaft warping and blowing the piston out the bottom
the engine that was in there to begin with is the same one thats in there now the 2.3I4
only 6k out of warranty mazda wanted no part in fixing it with out sending half of the bill 3K$
some mechanic replaced the engine and told us it was running good
yes it runs good when its cold but after it warms up no bueno (good)

when cold it idles above 1300rpm anything below that when you push on the throttle it bogs and it gets worse when the ac is on
i know that autotranny should idle around 500 with the ac off and 750 with it on
no change in rpm when the ac is turned on

i have replaced fuel injectors plugs coil packs

fuel pressure compression timing actual spark all good
i took off the egr the mas and the throttle cleaned them like new

after i put new plugs i drove it about 30ish miles 10ish city 20ish hwy puled them back out and they were just as they went in

theres not much more i can do the computer is not throwing any codes i checked pending codes nothing

its almost like the cars power is being held back
when you easy press on the gas it picks up when its it park
when driving if you let off the break and let the car start to cost forward then press on the gas it picks up when the ac is off
when its on the car will not move
this happens in all gears park reverse neutral drive but again only below 1300ish rpm

when the engine blew i was not there so i could not tell you exactly how fast it was going but it was at hwy speeds 70mph ish so first gear park and neutral should all be working i dont know if the wheels locked when it blew i just know that the piston went right out the bottom and let me tell you there is only about 9/32 of metal around the block its the thinnest block i have ever seen

i have extinguished my resources trying to find out what is causing this to bog mechanically there is nothing wrong with the car and the computer does not say that there is anything wrong hence my guess the power is being held back
the computer has the factory tuning on it so that would be impossible
since it happens in all gears below 1300ish rpm

Back