Here's my new (to me) Protege DX!

02MazdaProDX

:
2002 Mazda Protege DX 2.0l 5spd Silver
So I just wanted to post a few pics of my new ride for you all to see... It's an almost bone stock 02 Protege DX(jerkit)...hah, but I plan to fix it up nice and I'm really excited to get started on some mods!! If you want to name my car then go right ahead... I'm kinda stuck on that part (though I never really named a vehicle before)(stash)

022.jpg

Man, I need to remove that damn side molding ASAP!

023.jpg

The tint was all bubbly and effed up when I bought the car. sadface. Need to get that fixed. Oh yea, the car is de-badged currently. They wer pretty much falling off already. ugh. Now to fill those pesky little holes...

024.jpg

15" Pacer rims lolol these will be my 'winter' rims... I call them the 'poopy pacers'

025.jpg

The radiator grill/grille insert is broken, looks like I'll be upgrading to a carbon fiber sexy looking one!

026.jpg

As you can tell, there are no fog lights. sadface. Looks like the previous owner may have addes some fin type block off thing to the lower opening/grill area where the fogs WOULD sit (if there were any to sit, where the sit) I don't know if the bumper is supposed ot be like that or what but there is some ugly goopy caulk/liquid weather-strip around those block off things.

028.jpg

Just my luck, one of the aftermarket headlights has some hazing/moisture on the inside going on. I NEED a remedy for this, i kinda dig these lights (stash)

029.jpg

A couple of quick shots of the interior. Pretty clean for an 02, huh?
030.jpg

031.jpg

Well that's how she goes for now. I've ordered some small stuff just to get me started on the mod process, and to give the car just a little bit of my 'style'.

Stay Young.

Looks good. Feel free to ask any questions in the Ohio section before you go to the general Protege section. Most of us here have (and still do) tinker with the BJ platform.

Most of us here have (and still do) tinker with the BJ platform.

This sounds really bad Phen

At least it is stick and yes a lot of us use to or still rock out the Protege like myself. Your only about 45 minutes south of where I use to live.

Thanks, fellas! I am enjoying the car for sure, but can't wait to start with some decent modifications. I'll keep an update on this thread as I change things. Thanks for the help on another thread of mine as well!

Back