Here's a dumb question needing some answers

rmedoc

:
05 Mazda6 5-Door
Hello folks! Ok, this is for anyone that may know the answer, and I figured Rishie may. I have already tried 4 million searches online with no help, so....

Does any body know the offset of rims for a 2003 GMC Envoy?? I want to put 20's on there, but can't find it anywhere, and the dealer isn't even sure. Already tried tirerack, discount tire, etc etc, but no one knew the answer for me. Any help appreciated!!

And yes, I know it has nuttin to do with Protege's whatsoever, but we all need help for other stuff sometimes ya know!

Hmm not sure if this is the stock offset range or not

Link

But can least give a idea of what you have to work with.

okay doc...I am figurein you got one of those things since you said you wanted to put 20's on.....do you even know how wide the stock wheel is?

even if you don't....do this...

jack up one corner...take the wheel off...and actually MEASURE the wheel itself. it is really not that hard to do.

Nuke-
The wheels on there now are 7.5" wide. Too damn skinny if you ask me. I must be real stupid, cuz I didn't think you could just measure the wheel to find out the offset unless you had a micrometer or something to accurately measure mm.

rmedoc said:
Nuke-
The wheels on there now are 7.5" wide. Too damn skinny if you ask me. I must be real stupid, cuz I didn't think you could just measure the wheel to find out the offset unless you had a micrometer or something to accurately measure mm.

well GET something accurate....lol geeeeeeeeeez!

Yeah, I found that too. But then, I looked on Ebay, and emailed 3 sellers that have rims for the Envoy on sale. Al of them wrote back and told me the offset was +50, and they all fit fine. So now I have a 0 and a 50. Hmm, guess its time to call GMC HQ to find out the real answer. Thanks Nuke and everyone else for the help!

rmedoc said:
Yeah, I found that too. But then, I looked on Ebay, and emailed 3 sellers that have rims for the Envoy on sale. Al of them wrote back and told me the offset was +50, and they all fit fine. So now I have a 0 and a 50. Hmm, guess its time to call GMC HQ to find out the real answer. Thanks Nuke and everyone else for the help!

its hard to believe a +50 is right....seeing as how that is the type of offset you have on FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS....and happens to be the offset on the stock P5 wheels....

funny, I was thinking the same thing. I calleda dealership in Florida today(long way from Hawaii I know) and they told me the offset it actually 0 for 20" rims. Called one more place and they said the same thing. I am going to visit a local rim shop this weekend and see if I can't get a 20 with 0 offset and test fit it on there. Thanks for the help Nuke. You da man!

Back