HELP with x426 cell phone

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
ok so i want to change the wallpaper to a pic of my protege :D

in the manual it says i can select from different wallpapers, blank, or anything i download from the internet. but it doesnt say HOW to download from the internet...i DONT have the net service hooked up (thats all i need, a way to surf this board while at work and pay for it) and dont intend to. however, if i bought a data cable could i upload them or something? i see them on ebay but they dont come with the software if i need it.

any help is appreciated.

Whats up Matthew. If I remember correctly, you can use a data cable to upload certain wallpapers to your X426. The problem is finding the data cable.You can also go on mMode and download them from there but its 7.99 a month for 1mb of usage. Im not sure on what kind of wallpapers you want but the absolute best website for unlimited wallpaper for a year is www.3gupload.com . I registered and it was a 5.99 donation. You can just set up a account like I did by simply choosing a username and password and of course your carrier and phone number. You have your own personal WAP locker that stores all your ringtones and wallpaper. Its well worth it. Let me know.(rockon)

Jason

ok you kinda lost me. the way you are talking i HAVE to have the net access right? even with the website you mentioned?

second i want a pic of my protege5 or some naked chick i dont want some random wallpapers.

third, can you do me a favor and tell me if this is the correct data cable that would allow me to upload to the phone from my computer:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
and where could i get the software?

The link for the data cable seems right. As far as the www.3gupload.com website. You access that from your home PC and whatever you choose to end up in your locker gets texted messaged to your phone letting you know that you have available ringtone or wallpapers in storage. All you do from your phone is go to mMode bookmarks and type 3gupload.com/wap/ and that takes you to the login screen for your username and password.Let me check my account and see if theres a MP5 pic and I can send it to you.
Jason

i would want my own protege5 on my phone :) so basically you HAVE to have the mMode service :( i was hoping i could just upload from my computer with the data cable...what is the purpose of the data cable then?

damn so what up with the data cable? do i still need the net service? because my wife and i only want two pics - one of our dogs for her phone, and one of my car for my phone.

U might need a program to upload them to your phone. Thats the only problem I see you having. Do you want a generic mp5?

Im sorry. I meant a program on your PC. Kinda like you need a burner program to burn cds. Its not that you can drag over pictures and s*** to your phone. Ive heard data cables only do certain things and its mostly s*** with your phonebook not much for downloading.
Jason

damn so i need to sign up for the mMode huh? can i upload say, a pic of my mp5 to a certain address and save it to the phone? im really confused as to how that works. i dont want to end up paying like 25 bucks for two ******* little ass pictures. i just want two specific (not generic) pics, one for each of my phones.

what service provider do you have? im assuming aws correct? if so u need the mmode service. u upload the pic via a website such as matrixm.com then download it from your wap service. -=)
enjoy

Send me the pic you want on your phone, wallpaper size, and mobile # and I'll clip it and MMS it to your phone.

u cant do it with the cable.. not on that model anyways.. has to be done via mmode.. or wap.. or whatever aws calls that piece of s*** service.

Best bet for you is to have a buddy of yours take a pic of your car with his camera phone and send it to your phone MMS. Mmode is something you dont want if you want customs pics.
Jason

KYREDP5 said:
Send me the pic you want on your phone, wallpaper size, and mobile # and I'll clip it and MMS it to your phone.
ok their activation service is temp down, but ill send it to you as soon as their comptuers come up and activate our phones..prolly tommorrow...i need two pics but im not sure what size the wallpaper is on these phones? pm me your email kyred and ill send them tommorrow

Matthew said:
so how do you get new ringtones for this mofo
try going here: http://ringtones.mobile.att.net/ i was able to get a ringtone for my girls x426 on there. (she also has att wireless). find the song you want, put in your cell phone # and it'll send it to your phone.. she doesn't have mmode either.. keep in mind each ringtone costs like $1.99 each.

Latest posts

Back