Help with paintin a Bov

timsumaya

:
06 mazdaspeed 6
Hey I was wondering if u can paint a forge bov? An if soo can someone give me any pointers to do it or steps I wanna paint it black!

Well, start out with taping off both ports and the whole bottom mating surface...REAL WELL. You don't want any paint inside at all.

You'll have to sand or scuff up the surface to get the paint to stick as the surface is polished.

I'd suggest using some sort of self- etching primer, then base coat then clear, with at least 5 hours dry time in between.

O cool thanks man for replying to me! So I would be able to buy the paint all at
homedepot? I'm looking at painting my cailiper as well an I have a black cherry speed
help me out guys what color should
I go, I was thinking red ler me hear ideas alright thanks guys!

if ur gonna paint ur calipers use special paint for the calipers. it stays on there even when the calipers are very hot. Also, ur brake dust dosent settle so easy on this kind of paint.

just my .02

Prep is the most important. Especially with the calipers, make sure you get any brake fluid or any other oils/dirt off of them. And sand them. Look on google. Im not gonna type it all. And like someone else said, there is paint that specifacly (cant spell) says its for high temp. i would go to a parts store for paint. Like auto zone or something like that. Colors...no clue Good luck!!.

See if a local machine shop has a glass bead blaster to take the finish off the valve. You will want to take the valve apart before doing this. It should leave you a nice finish that paint would stick to.

-Derrick

See if a local machine shop has a glass bead blaster to take the finish off the valve. You will want to take the valve apart before doing this. It should leave you a nice finish that paint would stick to.

-Derrick

sand paper would work fine. Its would cause WAY more work if u use a blaster. Ive got one at work though if u want me to do it for u...lol

If you were closer I would just have you swing by and do it for you on a Saturday.

-Derrick

Back