Help with Hid install!

I figured as much :D

Did you remove the airbox?

Just opened the to top of airbox and got my wife to hold it up while I worked my left hand in and replaced bulb. Make sure to wear a latex globe so your skin doesn't touch the hid bulb. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Hey ICarlos
Just wanted to confirm that you got the xb35 (H11b) for your 6 and not the standard h11, right?

No, I got the h11. They told me the H11b was not needed for the 6.

Hope this helps!

Thanks bud! I just noticed the disclaimer abou that on their website. Good to know before the purchase!

On another note I had purchased the H11 kit for my wife's CX9 and found out it needed the H11b instead back in March when there was no such info on the description to go by on the web details . . mildly frustrating.

Give them a call and see what they say. I can only say that so far my H11 is working great. I just ordered a pair of LED fog lights from cocksport.com

The OEM fog lights look horrible after the 5000K hid got installed.

Thanks bud! I just noticed the disclaimer abou that on their website. Good to know before the purchase!

On another note I had purchased the H11 kit for my wife's CX9 and found out it needed the H11b instead back in March when there was no such info on the description to go by on the web details . . mildly frustrating.

Got mine in no problem. Just need to do a cleaner install. I only had to remove the driver's side wheel well shield for access. Did you use the relay harness in your install? I didn't and all was fine but I'm getting intermittent driver's side bulb out on start-up. After switching off/on again it fires back up. I believe I'll need the relay for proper power-up.

Got mine in no problem. Just need to do a cleaner install. I only had to remove the driver's side wheel well shield for access. Did you use the relay harness in your install? I didn't and all was fine but I'm getting intermittent driver's side bulb out on start-up. After switching off/on again it fires back up. I believe I'll need the relay for proper power-up.

Yes, I won't go cheap with a brand new car as nice as the 6 is. Get their relay...On another note, my driver side was been inconsistent even with the relay...called TRS and they shipped me a new ballast, just installed it today and no more problems. Seems that I had a bad ballast on driver side.

Let me know how it goes!

Yes, I won't go cheap with a brand new car as nice as the 6 is. Get their relay...On another note, my driver side was been inconsistent even with the relay...called TRS and they shipped me a new ballast, just installed it today and no more problems. Seems that I had a bad ballast on driver side.

Let me know how it goes!

TRS recently had a bad run of ballasts (I've been in touch with them regarding it and helping troubleshoot.) Apparently, 10% of their last run of ballasts had igniters that were a bit below spec, and that results in inconsistent firing on first attempt mainly in cold weather. I opted to wait till mid December for their redesigned ballasts (larger igniters) just to be on the safe side though they are bench testing all ballasts before they leave the shop to make sure what they ship from the suspect batch is indeed performing as expected 100% of the time.

If anyone is having recent issues with a TRS HID kit, call the company up. They do their best to make it right.

TRS recently had a bad run of ballasts (I've been in touch with them regarding it and helping troubleshoot.) Apparently, 10% of their last run of ballasts had igniters that were a bit below spec, and that results in inconsistent firing on first attempt mainly in cold weather. I opted to wait till mid December for their redesigned ballasts (larger igniters) just to be on the safe side though they are bench testing all ballasts before they leave the shop to make sure what they ship from the suspect batch is indeed performing as expected 100% of the time.

If anyone is having recent issues with a TRS HID kit, call the company up. They do their best to make it right.

That is correct...my new ballast has fingerprints on it...kudos to TRS...They treat customers right!

I am considering getting this for my 6. Do you guys think this would harm my car's warranty in any way?

And is there a proper installation video or manual for TRS?

1. Depends on dealer and Mazda's warranty details. If it fried the harness then probably not covered. This is why it's good to use the HD relay harness or can-bus standalone harness to preserve the harness from excess draw.
2. Yes

HID lighting is reserved for optics meant to properly aim/direct the higher output of light you get from HIDs. Dropping a HID 'kit' into your stock housing (which uses reflection as means to spread light properly) causes light to spread outside of where it should be directed due to the more powerful lighting. Technically, you can put the kit into your stock headlights, but that would not only be illegal, but also annoying and distracting to oncoming traffic.

Your best options are either headlights that have optics to accept HID lighting (OEM Euro lights or replicas) or buy/make retrofits which are basically projectors of your choice installed into your stock housings or forget the HID kit and stick with halogen lighting.

If you are using HIDs in projector headlights like the newer Mazdas, you are just fine. It is when they are installed in regular headlights like a Chevy silverado that they become an issue to other drivers. Well that and the idiots that put 55w hid kits in their low beams. That makes me want to punch all these kids around here that do that in their jacked up trucks. Is that what you are trying to say?

NC, I am in complete agreement with what you said and I've experienced it myself. Since I can't speak for the HIDs yet, I can't agree or disagree with what JeDup is trying to convey.

Honestly speaking, the stock Halogens in the new 6s are too damn nice and I find them much better than I've seen in the recent cars. I find them bit whiter and warmer than the traditional halogens, this could be the bulb Mazda uses or the projectors. For now I've decided to stick with the Halogens, but will be trying out HIDs in the near future.

Btw, the TRS folks also have authorized resellers who can do the install for us who are not used to working on the insides of the car. This is good news for folks like me only if they don't charge a hefty amount.

Back