HELP! ! Turbos leaking oil!

So run a hose from the valve cover to say the pipe running to the intake manifold?

quick photoshop of it...

Attachments

• IMGP1973.jpg
    IMGP1973.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 97
azeli73 said:
So run a hose from the valve cover to say the pipe running to the intake manifold?

quick photoshop of it...
No you need to run the hose from the valve cover to just in front of the turbo comp housing.

Okay. But I can't say I've seen any FI protege set up like this. I think about 90% just have a breather off the valve cover. Now I know the stock intakes and the ram and CAI's have a hose for NA guys so I can see what you're saying.

azeli73 said:
Okay. But I can't say I've seen any FI protege set up like this. I think about 90% just have a breather off the valve cover. Now I know the stock intakes and the ram and CAI's have a hose for NA guys so I can see what you're saying.

Most people do not understand how the PCV system works. So one guy does it that way and others follow. I sucks when a vendor does things wrong because they do not know any better, it makes it look like it is right.

airforce1 said:
do any of you all think that the spc sponsorship is a scam?
wow, please tell me you didn't join this forum just to ask that question!

but i will tell you that it is the a great thing, i did it and my car has racing seats, turbo, 7" in-dash tv with dvd player, xbox 360 in the glove box and soon to have 19 inch wheels. SPC made me (first)

MPNick said:
run the hose from the valve cover to just in front of the turbo comp housing.

This is good advice.

Hopefully it solves your problem, but you may still have bad seals. Either way, this will undoubtedly help to reduce some of the oil loss. I've been down the road of a bad turbo before, so I feel your pain. Good luck.

azeli73 said:

That's how I run mine, well not since I put the new pipes on, but that is how I usually run it. I told you that a long time ago when you put it on, that you should run a line from the end of the valve cover to the intake of the turbo, between the MAF and the turbo.

I have been too lazy to put the fitting back in, but I will be doing this before I drive the car again though.

Here is a list of what is being replace or added:

inlet restrictor for oil feed
return flange gasket
new oil return line
upgraded PCV valve
drilled and tapped pipe for hose to valve cover
fresh royal purple 5w-30

azeli73 said:
Here is a list of what is being replace or added:

inlet restrictor for oil feed
return flange gasket
new oil return line
upgraded PCV valve
drilled and tapped pipe for hose to valve cover
fresh royal purple 5w-30

Next thing to do is a cylinder leak down test along with a compression test wet and dry.

Back