Help, my speed won't start. Please any ideas welcome.

RuggedMazda

:
03 MazdaSpeed, 93 Supra TT RC toy.
I hope you guys can help me out, I have some big problems with my Speed.
The car was driving great till about three weeks ago. It all started getting on the highway; I hit a pot hole pretty hard. About one minute after the car shut off on me & would not start. After praying & trying to start the engine back up, it started, but only got me off the highway & it was limping till it shut off again. This time around the car would not start at all. I ended up having to tow the car back to my parking lot.
After waiting a week till I had time to work on the car I took the valve cover off & looked at the timing marks. I think was looking at the wrong marks on the cams & came to the conclusion that I had jumped timing. Anyway, I ordered a new timing kit & went to work. I found TDC on the compression stroke & aligned my timing marks, after checking that everything was correct I tested the car & she turned right on. I continued to put everything back together & after I was done I test drove the car & she felt better then ever. For three days I drove back & forth from work with NO problems.
THEN, boom, once again I was driving on the highway & I went over some road bumps, nothing big, just your normal NY highway bumps & she shut off on me & would not start. This was two weeks ago & I have not had a chance to work on my car
Symptoms:
1. Will crank over, but wont start.
2. I smell fuel after a few cranks.
3. Tested alternator, found to be working.
4. Battery<ST1:p</ST1:p (red top optima) found to be working.
5. NO CEL, NO cods.
6. Miles: 54,000
7. Checked spark plugs, look fine, changed them about 10,000 miles ago.
<O:p</O:p
I havent had a chance to recheck timing as of yet, but I will have to.
Please guys, if you have any ideas, please through them out there.
Thanks..
I've have friends tell me fuel filter or pump, but I smell fuel after a few cranks.<O:p</O:p

bazooka joe said:
could this be a bad ground???(uhm)

Yeah, I thought about this too, but I have searched & found nothing.
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep searching for a bad ground.....

I had a similar Problem. I had a loose ground under the fuse box. I hit a pothole and my car was studdering the whole way. It was the fuse to the fuel pump.

Black_Protege_5 said:
I had a similar Problem. I had a loose ground under the fuse box. I hit a pothole and my car was studdering the whole way. It was the fuse to the fuel pump.

Great, thanks alot, I'll check this out A.S.A.P.... Thanks....

Thanks guys, it ended up being a lose relay, the circuit relay.
Put in back in & she woke right up.
Thanks again guys all of you..

That's wierd that usually happends over a big bump the relays come loose not just overnight. oh well it's fixed that's all that matters.

that has gotta be a BIG hole to make a relay come off....i have tried taking them out on purpuse, and is next to impossible

Alejo_NIN said:
that has gotta be a BIG hole to make a relay come off....i have tried taking them out on purpuse, and is next to impossible

have you seen the pot holes in the north east? they are huge this time of year!

i forgot, i lived in RI...yeah...my bad....one day i fell into one and took me 2 hours to get out....

Back