Help me choose between 2 tires: Hankook vs. Falken

I've had the V12's for 10,000 miles and they are great. Someone in this thread said they won't grip as well as the stockers but they are wrong. The V12's out perform the stockers in every aspect. They have much more straight line grip when accelerating which is most important to the average driver. You get on it, you don't want to spin. They are very quiet and the ride is great. They do have more sidewall flex but the tire does not break loose. I have not had them break loose yet. I run 35 psi in the front and 40 in the rear which has helped reduced said flex. This is the tire most are getting after the stocker wear out.

Funny stuff, we gots the same tires and I'm still looking at making almost the same exact mods as yours.

Anyhow, I've had the V12's now for almost 25k miles. I drive easy most of the time, but they have gotten as loud if not louder than the original Potenza's. I balance/rotate regularly, and wear has been even, indicating good alignment and shocks. Also, they'll probably not last quite as long as the Potenza's...got an unbelievable 52k out of my first set, these are on track to last to about 40k. But considering the savings, I'd still probably purchase them again. The question is, considering all their good press and now-huge advertising campaign, will they still be the "bargain" tire when it's time for the next set?

I'll be putting a set of the Hankook RS-2s on shortly, and after I burn those up I have a pair of Star Specs that I'll be putting on the front... I'll try to remember to put up a comparo of my impressions here.

Latest posts

Back