HELP! I have a Bad Keyless Entry Module...

CrunchY14U

:
2004 Mazda 6 s V-6
Howdy folks, I'm CrunchY.... (detect)

I am a proud Mazda Owner and I have a problem that is bugging me to No end.

I've got (2) keyless remotes that came with my Car, and when the batteries got bad I replaced them, well.. after replacing said batteries, come to find out that the new batteries don't make the remotes work, and I've tried replacing the remotes only to find that the only one that works is one of the two that came with my Car.

Now... I even went to a Locksmith, who even tried using his new remotes and as well they didnot work either. Again, I've replaced the remotes, and have (2) new
ones sitting here unused.

I have done the reset thing countless times, and consider that to be not the sure answer that we're looking for here, but what I've been told... is that I actually do have to replace the (Keyless Entry Set Module) on my vehicle and then reprogram all my Keyless Remotes, but first things first....

1.) Can somebody please give me a hand telling me how to replace the Module ?

2.) Where is the Module located in the Vehicle ?

3.) Is it an easy fix, and not to detailed to get done ?

4.) At the dealership they want a mint for this part, I found where I can get one reasonably priced, can someone tell me if the part i'm going after is the same ?

5.) Once I remove this said part and that other device is not applicable or does happen to be the wrong part, will the one part being removed be able to work once removed ?

6.) Is there a video to anyone's knowledge that shows me how to tackle this Job ?

Again..This Keyless Entry Set Module is for my 2004 Mazda6 S, V-6

Thanks a ton everybody for all of your help!

Last edited:
Back