Help car wont turn on.

2003pro5

Hello to all I need help fast please. This is the first major problem (Pro5 2002-46000miles)I've had since i bought it new. I live in Chicago and we had our first cold spell20-30 and it snowed, I have a cold air intake, car has a 1/4 tank of gas, it was outside . The problem is it started fine i let it warm up but after 2 blocks it just shut down. It wont start,it cranks, battery is fine(8months old) but it wont start. Any suggestions To me it looks like no fuel is reaching it but how do i verify this? Where is the fuel pump and how do i check it. Any other ideas please

ecu main fuse going out

2003pro5 said:
Hello to all I need help fast please. This is the first major problem (Pro5 2002-46000miles)I've had since i bought it new. I live in Chicago and we had our first cold spell20-30 and it snowed, I have a cold air intake, car has a 1/4 tank of gas, it was outside . The problem is it started fine i let it warm up but after 2 blocks it just shut down. It wont start,it cranks, battery is fine(8months old) but it wont start. Any suggestions To me it looks like no fuel is reaching it but how do i verify this? Where is the fuel pump and how do i check it. Any other ideas please

so far i figured its has to do with the fuse. The main ecu(inj-fip) fuse keeps going out. Does anyone have an idea what it could be. please anyone help(bang) (attn)

You've got a short somewhere I would think. That is what it sounds like if you keep blowing that fuse. That would have to do with any of the wiring from the fuel pump or the injector harness.

What part of chicago do you live in....? There are a coulpe of us locals that could posibly help out if you are within decent range of one of us...

Midway airport

Blackrose said:
What part of chicago do you live in....? There are a coulpe of us locals that could posibly help out if you are within decent range of one of us...

Midway airport any help would be apreciated.

2003pro5 said:
Midway airport any help would be apreciated.

Midway is a good hour from me, but i know some of the ILL guys are in that area. You should try to post your problem in the ILL section. If no one will help i would make the drive out there but it would have to be next week sometime. Im already booked this weekend.

During the week im at work and that is about half way there and i get off work at about 1:30 Mon thru fri so let me know whats up. Dont know if you want to wait that long for help.

Thanks

Blackrose said:
During the week im at work and that is about half way there and i get off work at about 1:30 Mon thru fri so let me know whats up. Dont know if you want to wait that long for help.

Thanks

Do you have an idea what it could be, i dont understand what makes it pop.

Thanks

Blackrose said:

Thanks

Do you have an idea what it could be, i dont understand what makes it pop.

2003pro5 said:
help anyone.......

Its probably a short somewere in the system. It will be hard to pin point. Might want to call mazda and see if certain things in the car can cause the fuse to blow. Then start from there checking wires. No matter how you look at it..... its going to suck figuring it out. There are a few other things that may cause it to happen. Like moisture in the fuse box. A messed up battery or Alternator. Or maybe even a bad sensor could posibly cause this to happen.

Back