Hello

rainmaker7

:
MazdaSpeed6
Just bought me an 06 Speed6 pearl white about a week ago. So far love the new car, came with a little more miles than i wanted, 45000, but it seems okay. I guess i'll find out later. Car is still stock and i plan on keeping it that way for awhile. I'll do some bolt-on this summer, probably won't spend over 1000. I also own an 93 RX-7 and have about 10 grand to go before i'm done with her.

So far the only issue i have is with the clutch, completely different feel than my 7, and that was my first manual. At first i thought i sucked at driving, really hurt my ego, but after looking into i see other people have the same issues when they start driving it. Is it worth saving up for an aftermarket unit, something with a more sportier feel? or just suck it up and learn to drive my car like a real man.

The dual mass flywheels and the clutches have felt a little weird to me too. I would wait to change the clutch until you need to. AWD + Clutch job = not so much fun.

-Derrick

Test pipe and inlet are the best and easiest power mods.. And there's an adjuster for the clutch pedal.. It helps..

Welcome aboard. yeah a lot of people complain about the clutch. The few friends I have let drive my car either stall it the first time or get really close to stalling it.

Even had a 60+ year old woman who owned a white ms6 tell me it was like the first time she ever drove stick.

Welcome to the Forums...with the fastest and greatest color ever, WWP.

Yea when I test drove the car, the car salesman who was in the car with me gave me a look like, "are you sure you know how to drive stick?" lol Its fine once you get used to it, although it is pretty funny when I got my supra friend to drive it and watch him struggle to drive without stalling. Amazing car once you get used to it!

Yeah i thought it was all me until my buddy stalled it 6 times trying to back it out of the driveway. I really wanted black so it would match the 7, but the pearl white is just stunning when you see it in person.

Welcome to the forums! Take a look at the link in my sig for a breakdown of mods. Definitely look into intake, turbo inlet, and rear motor mount ASAP if you're in the market to mod. They'll totally change the car.

Back