Heat Issues

CFOLEY442 said:
When Its Cold Out Does Anyone Else's ,heat Whine For The First Couple Of Minutes

not my P5....and it was cold this morning at 9:30...... -1 in worcester

Not me, I do you my heater early in the morning cause I work at 5am... I am in phx, and the mornings can feel chilli to me... I think its going to me in the upper 70's thought today... Are you all Jealous? (spank)

Nope, no problems or noises here. It's been at single digits lately. What kind of whine is this?

Mike R said:
Nope. But I almost can't get the trans in reverse when it's really cold.

yeah....tranns/clutch are a little sloppy before fully warmed on the super cold mornings.

Anybody consider getting an automatic starter? My sis just got one for her sentra... but I'm cautious to even think about putting one in

Dexter said:
When its cold my fans(or something in there) makes a wierd noise until they heat up

my front bumper rattles mike a mo-fo in the cold mornings after i installed my AWR front mount. i put some molding foam in some places but i still have to do something. pisses me off.........

CFOLEY442 said:
It Almost Like It's Hitting Something Till It Heats Up

yeah thats exactly what mine sounds like...i have an MSP though. i wonder what it is. once it heats up, its fine.

Coqui258 said:
Anybody consider getting an automatic starter? My sis just got one for her sentra... but I'm cautious to even think about putting one in

i have a manual so for an auto starter they'd need to deactivate the clutch override so that the car would be started without the clutch. with my luck i'd leave it in gear and launch the car through a wall :(

Oh ok... thanks for the info. I'm gonna just do it the old fashioned way and start it up then run inside, or tough it out!

Captain KRM P5 said:
i have a manual so for an auto starter they'd need to deactivate the clutch override so that the car would be started without the clutch. with my luck i'd leave it in gear and launch the car through a wall :(

not with newer systems. they override the clutch switch, but the compustar (and other similar ) connects to your neutral wire, and will only remote start when car is in neutral and not in gear.

Dexter said:
not with newer systems. they override the clutch switch, but the compustar (and other similar ) connects to your neutral wire, and will only remote start when car is in neutral and not in gear.

ah cool, good information to have

Dexter said:
yeah thats exactly what mine sounds like...i have an MSP though. i wonder what it is. once it heats up, its fine.

Yep mine sounds lame too.

Im not really too concerned, probably bad sleeve bearing fans that just need to warm up or something.

Back