Headrest DVD Systems...

DoxeyWeb

:
2011 CX-9 Touring
The one thing that our Odyssey had that our CX9 is missing is a DVD system for the kiddo's.(headbang)

So..has anyone purchased a Headrest DVD System for your cx9?
If so, what kind? How much? And are you happy with it?

We have a pearl white CX9...with the tan leather interior.
If anyone has installed the tan headrest..how close was the leather match to factory.

I'm just starting to look and i've seen prices from $300 to $1500.

I have a subscription to Consumer Reports, but they do not review these.
I asked why not..they say its a safety concern...i guess they do not approve
the replacement of the factory headrest.

Thanks for any input!

At $1500 I would consider a pair of I-pads with netflix. Saw some pretty trick headrest mounts on another forum.

DVD players

At $1500 I would consider a pair of I-pads with netflix. Saw some pretty trick headrest mounts on another forum.

Great idea...not sure why i didnt think of that.

What i may do is buy them each a portable dvd player instead...there getting older anyway and will be able to take them on school trips etc.

Just did a quick search and i found a few 9" dvd player with all accessories for around $75.
You may have just saved me $1,000.(headbang)

Ive been currently looking into this as our 16month old is getting to the point she is wanting stop and watch tv for more than a minute or so (always on the go). I didn't get the RSES since i hate over head screens.

I don't want the kid having anything in her hands that could possibly turn into a flying missle if we ever have any kind of accident. So portable players and tablets are out.

Intially i was thinking of doing dual screens and a visor screen (that way we pick the movie we want to play) since i don't want to fiddle with dvd's and primarily use avi's via USB storage.

Yesterday I came across another option that has recently been coming on the market; armrest/console lcd monitors.

31cJzk1hYKL.jpg
51T-ZcS4RiL.jpg
35739bfe65d8d2b04521a5a3a1975771.image.282x282.jpg

$158 bucks and your done.

http://www.windymall.com/car-monito...st-dvd-player-monitor-with-dvd-sd-usb-fm-divx

bit cheaper.
http://www.ankaka.com/85-inch-tft-lcd-armrest-monitor-car-dvd-player-black_p47007.html

Cool thing is that they swivel so we can turn it to pick the movie/show, and then turn it back when its ready to go.
So one less monitor to buy, until my wife decides she wants a visor monitor that she can watch other stuff when the kid isn't with us.

Hopefully I'll get one of these soon so i can try it out.

Last edited:
I would be interested as well on anybody's experience with this, from installation to use.

Dvd

We ended up going with a set of Phillips Dual 9" DVD players.
That way we could use them in more than one cars. $175
cx9dvd.jpg

this is bought from onfair $260 plus $100 install by local installer, ive had it since nov 2010 and still going strong, this has its own speaker and play divx and has a sony lens, hope this heps

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 338
Back