Rear entertainment system question (CX-9 2019)

Hey I recently bought a 2019 cx9 for the wife and it came with the rear entertainment package it has never been used the remote and headphones were still in the original packaging, so the monitors turn on but the remote will not connect so I can select the source I have replaced the batt and reset the system but for the life of me can’t figure it out and the dealer doesn’t know anything about the system any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

I had to do some digging, but I found a bit of info that may help you find what you need.

I'm assuming that you don't have the manual/installation instructions for the Mazda Rear Seat Entertainment System (RSES). My first suggestion would have been to check there. The P/N for the RSES is 0000-8F-N10. There is a TSB that states that the updated instructions for the RSES is P/N is 0000-8F-N10A. I could not find a print or PDF copy of this version of the instructions, unfortunately.

However, I was able to find a copy of the original instructions, link here. Within these instructions, in the Bill of Materials, it lists 0000-8F-N43 as the Owner's Manual, but I could not find a free copy of this online. Looks like it can be ordered for $15-20 though.

The link above does include some troubleshooting processes starting on page 18, and it does include a wiring diagram and installation instructions that you may be able to use to check the connections. But there is no mention of how to connect the remote.

You can try contacting your dealer to see if they would supply you with a copy of the Owner's Manual (0000-8F-N43). Worst case scenario you might have to roll the dice with $20 to see if the Owner's Manual includes remote pairing instructions (it may not).

Back