headlight upgrade

Eric CX-9

:
2007 Mazda CX-9
Trying once again to get an answer on a simple solution to a long term problem: my low beam headlights STINK! I have no foglights. High beams OK, not superb. Aiming supposedly OK-haven't done adjustment myself. Once before, I investigated and found out I have halogen headlights so can't use HID bulbs without an expensive swap out. Aftermarket foglight's very expensive. Looking for bulb upgrade options and results. Can anyone help?

just buy HID kit they are not expensive $60 its a direct swap and you will see a much better results. I got mine from DDM tunning

DDM Tuning is good. I haven't used them myself but some of my friends have with good results. Hidplanet.com is a good forum for doing home work. The reason I bought a GT over the lesser models was the HID headlights.

thanks guys. Will contact them and do more homework. Got nowhere with the dealership service dept

Please don't put a HID retrofit in your car. The "good results" are just in your head. Your current headlight lenses aren't meant for HID's, and the light pattern won't be correct, resulting in reduced visibility for you and blinding other drivers on the road. You'll feel like the parts of the road that are properly lit are brighter, but the disadvantages will outweigh the advantages.

Here's a link with more technical info:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Back