headlight alignment?

Suomi

:
02 Silver P5 5speed, 05 Red 6i 5speed
How can the headlights alignment be adjusted on P5s? Mine seem to be aimed a little too low.

Suomi said:
How can the headlights alignment be adjusted on P5s? Mine seem to be aimed a little too low.

Don't know. BUT you could just be like me and buy my car used and it not have the little bolt things that hold your head lights in place, lmao. Mines being held in place until my new headlight assemblies get here. :)

QuickShift said:
Don't know. BUT you could just be like me and buy my car used and it not have the little bolt things that hold your head lights in place, lmao. Mines being held in place until my new headlight assemblies get here. :)

You have those jiggly headlights? That bugs me when every time you hit a bump and the lights shake. :p My lights stay put, but they are just too darn low.

pop your hood and look on the back side of your headlight assembly. there is a bronze/gold colored screw. depending on the diection you turn it, the beam will go up or down.
it is best to aim them when the car is parked about 10-15 ft from a wall/garage door. that way, you can see how high or low you are going.

Stealth5 said:
aim high to defeat trucks
DONT!! i did this at one point and just remember when you pass the truck, his headlights are aimed directly at you rearview mirror (which shines directly into your eyes). i had so many truckers get so pissed. it was quite funny until they try to run you off the road. i also was getting flashed by tons of cars travelling in the opposite direction.

Suomi said:

is your car lowered. many people im sure forget to adjust after lowering the car(dramatic lowering of course)

NJP5Guy said:
is your car lowered. many people im sure forget to adjust after lowering the car(dramatic lowering of course)
I forgot to lower mine after I put the lift kit in.... (2thumbs)

that is clever...never thought of that...especially since the teins lower fronts more than rear. thanks for the info
NJP5Guy said:

mcstark said:
I forgot to lower mine after I put the lift kit in.... (2thumbs)

i thought i was the only one who jacked up their p5. this weekend i am competeing against Gravedigger...i shoud take him w/ no problems in the drag race. (spin)

NJP5Guy said:
i thought i was the only one who jacked up their p5. this weekend i am competeing against Gravedigger...i shoud take him w/ no problems in the drag race. (spin)
Just make sure to check your blinker fluid level before the race. I've found that's the key to victory. (sssh)

mcstark said:
Just make sure to check your blinker fluid level before the race. I've found that's the key to victory. (sssh)

ok will do. but first i need to make sure my flux capacitor is up to spec.

protejay5 said:
DONT!! i did this at one point and just remember when you pass the truck, his i also was getting flashed by tons of cars travelling in the opposite direction.

I had this happen numerious time. Once I had a car flash me cuz he thought my high beams were on so i really turned them on to show him, and he turns on his spot light. Turns out it was a cop I didnt see the light bar until i got closer. Man did he give me dirty looks wen i passed him.

Back