Headers and the Emissions Test

el_Don

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES
Does anyone here have headers on a Protege or really any other car and passed an emission exam with it?

As long as you have the a catalytic converter somewhere, you should be able to pass. I've had my header on for the past 3 years and no problems.

hi don. how you like the ms knob? i pass emissions in mine with a high flow cat in the mid pipe and a no fouler on the primary (bottom) o2 sensor.

The shift knob is great. I'm really glad that I was able to take it off you. Which headers do you have? I was looking at the OBX headers off of ebay because their not that expensive, but I don't want to have to replace them every time I go for inspection. Do you think I would have to get a high flow cat?

i have obx. you may be able to get away without the high flow cat, but i would just go ahead and do it. you could just wait until after your next emissions test and then you would have a full year to make it emissions legal before you have to make it pass again. another option is to shop the part-outs in the for sale section and find someone that is selling a cat-deleted mid pipe for cheap and take it to the muffler shop to have them add a high flow cat to it. you should be able to get a high flow cat for under $100.

Latest posts

Back