Header

:
2003 Orange Mazdaspeed protege
I have a question? Im thinking about getting rid of the exhaust manifold on my mazdaspeed protege and thinking about replacing it with a header.Is this a good idea? If so what brands are good and were to go to get them. If you could help it would be gratly appreciated.

?????
Yeah you could do it, but why? Are you giving up the turbo? or are you talking about getting an aftermarket exhaust manifold to work with the turbo. If that is the case then you need to get Steedspeed or thunder.

no im not giving up the turbo im keeping up. im just woindering if getting rid of the manifold and replacing it with a header is a good idea. Or should i just leave it alone

Why do you want to get rid of it? You can replace your stock exhaust manifold with a custom made tubular manifold, a taiwanese made tubular manifold or a Steedspeed exhaust manifold. Those are your only options and all vary in price. Your Calloway exhaust manifold is not holding you back and is usually replaced if its cracked, you are switching to a T3 turbo set up or you think looks are important and simply want a tubular manifold.

You're confusing everyone by using the terms manifold and header interchangeably. They are not the same thing..

Alright i see. no i dont want to give up mt turbo. ok i was just wondering if a header would work with a turbo but it wont. Alright thank you. Um im just looking for some upgrades for my daily driven msp.

so get a new turbo manifold, its the same concept, header (aka exhaust manifold) means no turbo turbo manifold means turbo. there are a few of them available thunder and steedspeed hold the market mainly

Just to clarify, "Headers" are a long-tube exhaust manifold, and are only really used on N/A applications. They look like this:
TBu0L.jpg

Tube-style turbo manifolds look similar, but use much shorter tubes and join together right before the turbocharger:
rYcGn

Most of the time, you'll have to get one of those custom-made by a shop, or weld one up yourself if you've got the tools.

Steedspeed, as well as several other companies, make a machined billet-type manifold as well:
ElcWi.jpg

You'll see a minor performance increase, but these are all mostly for looks. That said, go for it if you want! Just make sure you don't ask for headers when you want a turbo manifold, shops will look at you funny. ;)

Back