Head Gasket Partyyyy!!!

Jordysoso

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So I'm throwin around the idea of a head gasket party (yup my head gasket is bad, again...) anyone interested in lending a hand or just coming to hang out you're welcome to come out. No set date yet just kinda getting the feelers out there. Hopefully I can get some guys involved that know the fs motors pretty well. It will more than likely be a saturday. I havent been able to drive more than 20 miles on this thing which limits me to Meeps activites and meets. Ill buy pizza and beer as well!!!

Address: 48180 middle ridge rd. Amherst, Ohio 44001

Don't know the motor and some of the weekends are booked through october.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to chime in... I just follow how-tos. :)

I hear ya brother and I figured more hands could probably get things done faster and more knowledge. I wanna be done before the cookout so I can make it there. I could do Sundays too just has to be a consensus of everyone involved.

I don't think more hands will help with replacing a head gasket. I think more than 2 people working on it will probably slow the process down and make it more difficult. One helper is all you need.

Probably true. My dad and i replaced the HG on my saturn. It took 4 hours to rip everytjing apart and another 6 to get it back together. Any extta hands would have been useless. Just make sure to take pics as you go and have bags for all the bolts and labels for where they go.

Also, if you've already replaced the head gasket once and it's gone bad again, you probably have another problem that needs to be fixed or it will just happen again. Did you have the head and block checked for trueness?

Yes both were checked and I was told they were good to go. Everytime it's an issue with cylinder 3. I'm half tempted to swap a new motor in

Motor gets hot, after 20 miles of highway driving, around town it's ok. Has a new radiator in it and I've flushed it lots of times. On my 6th or 7th thermostat. If you go to the protege5 section, my thread that tells everything that I can't remember is called overheating round 4 or some s*** like that. If the block is cracked wouldnt I see fluids on the ground or water in oil/ oil in water, etc?

I'll let someone else answer that because I'm not entirely sure. I think a cracked block can have the same symptoms as a bad head gasket, though.

If you're not getting oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, it doesn't sound like a head gasket problem to me. I think the problem may be something else.

I'm not getting either, just a really small oil leak, and was told it's a head gasket and that it will take XXX to replace. So I said f it, not yet. :D

I would look into another motor since you've already replaced the head gasket once and it didn't fix the problem.

i know nothing about replacing a head gasket, but i'd be willing to come and bs. you're right around the corner from me as i live in oberlin

I'm sure I've seen you around. I'm gonna try swapping the coils, pcv valve, and wires and cleaning the egr valve. Flashing CEL on my car only happens with multiple cylinder misfire. Now to figure out what the root cause is and why it's overheating.

A very dark tinted p5 would stick out in my mind as well. Do you visit oberlin? I swear i've seen you parked around town somewhere

I've been there a bunch. I fish at the reservoir just southwest of the square sometimes. I also go to the feve and B McKs sometimes.

Morgan st resivor. I work for oberlin's cable company & pretty much all around oberlin. Everyone seems to like the feeeeeve & their tater tots. Due to me being 'the cable guy', i try not to go there. Jason, who owns it, is a pretty cool guy. I usually am driving a van with a boom on it, so you can't miss it

Back