having some bad luck

NCS

:
MSP
so i bought a msp around February time and i had to go on deployment. well i get back and i am now having manifold problems i read the code but forgot what it said already I'm about to go to walmart and buy my own reader. and i have a jacked up o2 sensor that i can't seem to find a replacement for. i love the car i'm just not as car savvy as i need to be to own something like this. i guess dyi's are gonna be my best friend here

i'm bogging down in 1st, this car was screaming before deployment i wish i knew wtf was wrong with it.

Last edited:
you can't find a replacement. It's just an o2 sensor. Any 3rd gen (01-03) protege will work. They are all the same. Definitely get the code read again. But you can't expect it to run great if you have been gone for a while unless someone else was driving it. By the way, thanks for serving. I was honorably discharged last year...6 years active, two guard with 2 deployments to Iraq.

Last edited:
you can't find a replacement. It's just an o2 sensor. Any 3rd gen (01-03) protege will work. They are all the same. Definitely get the code read again. But you can't expect it to run great if you have been gone for a while unless someone else was driving it. By the way, thanks for serving. I was honorably discharged last year...6 years active, two guard with 2 deployments to Iraq.

well i went to buy a new o2 sensor and they look 100% different i put the car on a lift and noticed the o2 sensor i thought i was replacing was zip tied to the front bumper not in use but another was hooked up where the downstream is suppose to go. one had 4 wires and one had 6 wires. so the right one was there but another was also there haha. and yeah the military was a good choice im almost finished as well.

that sensor sounds like it was probably a wideband sensor. The downstream sensor shouldn't cause any drivability issues though.

I'd say wideband, my aem has 6 wires stock o2 sensors on my protege have 4. Downstream o2 sensor does nothing but monitor the cat. I know on the na protgs that sensor being bad will cause it to run richer.

Didn't you just replace the battery? It could still be learning how to run right. I just had to remove my battery and mines still runing like s*** after 30 miles

Back