Has anyone else had his happen to their windows?

:
2012 CX-9 Touring
On my new 2012 I have noticed either an intermittent glitch with the window or I am doing something odd so I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. Sometimes when I hit the auto up window button window rolls up hits top part of frame then goes back down stopping at 1/3 open? It has done this on both driver and passenger side several times. Before everyone says bring it back under warranty I plant to but I am waiting until I bring it in for my oil change and yes this happens sporadically so I know it won't happen when dealer try’s it.

Last edited:
What you need to do is "reset auto-up/down windows".
There is a procedure to do this. Please search this forum for it.
It is a simple procedure that anyone can do.
This happens after someone disconnected any battery terminal.
The procedure is probably also listed in OM.

Last edited:
Good info, thanks but I'll let warranty cover this issue when I bring in for my first oil change but good to know for future.

On most cars the process is simple. Open the window by pressing, and holding, the switch in the open position for about 10 seconds. Do the same in the closed position, again hold in closed position for about 10 seconds. That should do it, at least it does in all the other vehicles I have with this feature.

mine has done this 3 times in the last week or so. It seems to be heat related since we are getting near 100 now. Has only happened in the heat of the day after the car sat.

I bought mine last fall and this has happened at least a dozen times. It usually happens when I'm closing multiple windows at the same time and also when I was driving at a decent speed. Of course, neither of those situations may have anything at all to do with it, but those were things I noticed that were different at the time it occurred.

In all cases for me, it is the driver's window that had the problem and in all cases, when I tried again it worked. I think once or twice I had to try a couple times but in all cases it eventually worked.

I did not try any sort of "reset" procedure yet. I'll try that and see if it occurs again afterward.

Back