Has anyone discussed a national Protege meet?

NC_MP3

Has anyone ever brought up the idea of a national Protege meet? I am sure we can get a few hundred people from here and protegeclub.com to all meet up somewhere. We can pick a pretty central location and try to limit the drive for everyone to 12-14 hours maybe. What you all think?

Kansas would be about the best place. Salina Kansas is like 1700 miles from San Francisco and about 1300 from Virginia Beach. That is quite a hike. The N and S guys have it easy. Around 800 miles from Bismarck, ND and 700 miles from San Antonio.

I would be willing to drive 1300 miles but I doubt alot of people would. Lets try though :)

We can't even get the Northern Cali people to organize something around here yet...LOL. Count us out for the time being...

Hey guys ,I'm from Ohio and I would be down for some sort of meet!I hope you guys would realize the planning that would be involved in something like this.A better option would be to use an existing show or race to get everyone together.National meet might not be the best option ,more like east and west meets?On the east coast you could use the NOPI nationals in atlanta for this meet?Extremely large area and well organized show and we could get in contact witht the promotors to have them group all the forum members together so we could all hang out for a couple of days and stll enjoy a quality show.CAN YOU SAY LOTS OF VENDORS!THIS IS WHERE WE NEED TO BE IN LARGE NUMBERS FOR AFTERMARKET SUPPORT!
Just a thought,what do you guys think?
Matt

check it out right, we discussed a "national meet" a long time ago on here.

it was determined that somewhere in michigan would be ideal, because we have ALOT of canadians on here too, and the center of the united states isnt exactly good for them.

ForceFed has a great idea too...if a company or event like NOPI sees just how many of us there are...perhaps they will take a hint and begin to drown out some of the crap parts, and all the extra s*** for hondas, with MAZDA PARTS.

however, i would be down for a national meet, but the logistics of planning and carrying this out are mind boggling at the moment, it would take extensive thought processing from ALL of us.

Yo, I'm down. I think Omaha would be ideal!! (wink wink) We could hang out down at Mid America Mororplex, I gots connections down there. P.S. I think if someone is going to try this, we probaly ought to get in conjunction with people from the "other" forum. (I am a member there too)

(lol) hopes not to get flamed.

Last edited:
Sorry to be the downer, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

if it does happen, what about trying to have one close to a track?
My car isn't racing material, but I do enjoy watching and a lot of the cars on here are fast.
Oh, and MP3skaterNC, I like the idea of a NC convoy. That would be dope.

While it would be cool, I wouldn't want to drive 13 hours to Kansas each way just to hang out. I think we should start with regional big meets...NE, Middle East, SouthEast, etc etc.

hehe im up for a national meet.... IN MICHIGAN! :D

i have a restaurant parking lot i have access to. hmm, liability waivers anyone? ;)

Kooldino said:
While it would be cool, I wouldn't want to drive 13 hours to Kansas each way just to hang out. I think we should start with regional big meets...NE, Middle East, SouthEast, etc etc.

let me guess, Taliban drifting contest? (lol)

I'm in Florida and would go to a national meet provided we have an idea of how many will go. A track would be a good forum to meet and have a mini event.

:cool:

Last edited:
I think it should be in NH.
That way everyone has to drive equaly long!
(rofl)

I like the idea of splitting up north america into different regions first, then stepping it up a notch. We first have to prove ourselves that we would actually show up to events before spending all this time and money into doing anything national. I also agree with the point that we all meet at major events to get the attention of aftermarket companies.

Sounds like a cool idea but I doubt that it will ever happen.

and besides that I can see myself getting lost

I think it's possible. In time that is. Probetalk has Myrtle Madness that always has a good turnout, I think we could pull something like that off eventually. I'd be down for a Michigan meet, just a strait shot up I-75 for me. :D

NC_MP3 said:
Has anyone ever brought up the idea of a national Protege meet? I am sure we can get a few hundred people from here and protegeclub.com to all meet up somewhere. We can pick a pretty central location and try to limit the drive for everyone to 12-14 hours maybe. What you all think?

IMO, the closest thing to a national meet would be at something like NOPI in September. (the 'N' does stand for National right?? LOL)
For us south Floridians, to get out of the state is usually about 7 or 8 hours, then we still have to drive across the country. I realize Atlanta is still a bit south eastern but for those in the central and eastern time zones, it's not too bad.
So u could have a half national Mazda meet at NOPI if the people are really dedicated and will show up if they promise that they'll come.
There's already discussions going on with the NOPI officials to have the Mazda cars all parked together in the grass area, and grouped by Club. That's a start if you ask me.

Back