Hard shifting during hot weather ONLY

speedpx

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
When it is hot I have problem going into gears, like I have to pump the clutch many times even when I do that is still hard but it let me do it, and like said only when is hot, what's goin on also my rear motor mount need to he replaced . Do you guys think that is causing the problem I have now, thanks.

My motor mount was shot and that didnt give me any problems shifting so I don't think its that. Change the fluid and put some Lucas oil stabalizer in that helps a lot, but your problem may be more serious.

I'm going to suggest first replacing the transmission fluid and even bleeding the hydraulic system. How many miles are on the car? It could be a worn out pressure plate. It could be a failing master or slave cylinder that's bypassing internally. Pull the boot back on the clutch slave cylinder and check for evidence of fluid. Check the firewall inside the car for evidence of fluid. I'd say it's your pressure plate worn out. It happened on both the MSP and my P5.

I have this same problem now that the weather is getting hotter. Did you ever find out how to fix it? I'm going to try and replace my clutch slave cylinder this week and see if that will help.

i had the same issue and changed the trans fluid and it didnt change, i couldnt get it to go into gear sometimes and i thought it was gonna snap the shift linkage lol.... but after getting a new clutch it shifted perfect every gear was smooth... so i would check that...

I'm trying to change the clutch slave cylinder right now and having a hard time getting to the bolt. Anyone have any tips to get at it?

There are too many things in front of it to get to the bolt. I think I have to take some parts off in front of it to get to the bolt. I will try again tomorrow.

Ok, I finally found some time today to work on my car. I found that after I took off the pipe connecting from the air filter to the turbo, it was much easier to take the clutch slave cylinder off. It definitely feels better with the new part. I will know for sure once the weather gets hotter but so far, it feels great. I will come back and give an update on a hotter day.

Ok, so the weather has been warming up here in Portland. I found that I didn't have to pump the clutch from a stop anymore, but the shifting wasn't as smooth like it used to be so I went ahead and change the clutch master cylinder. That was much easier to do, only had to move the battery out of the way. Then, since I was already playing around with the clutch pedal I went ahead and tweaked with the pedal play and greased up the bolts down there. Now it shifts much much better and there is no more creaking noise when I'm pressing the clutch pedal. So happy.

Back