Halucod's P5 (Terrible Budget)

Ugh dang it I didn't know he had those headlights and grill for sale. darn it. The car is coming along great man.

Loving this build. Where did you buy those LED's for the dash?

I put the links earlier on in the thread. There were people that had replied asking how to do it so you should be able to find it. It should be somewhere on page 3 if I am not mistaken.

like the white interior bits. really like the gauge surround. adds some contrast to an area that needs it!

like the white interior bits. really like the gauge surround. adds some contrast to an area that needs it!

Thanks man, I think it looks awesome.

Also I just got my interior and license plate LEDs in the mail. I will get some pics tonight after work

Last edited:
Got the pics.

Dome Light
Zx4xbhz.jpg

Map Lights
FyVAsmZ.jpg

Map and Dome Lights on interior
YcM4t1V.jpg

Trunk or Cargo Area Light
lcv8aD8.jpg

License Plate Lights (My Favorite Part)
P3WsWQM.jpg

LVtrYvD.jpg

Looks so awesome... Green and White <3
DQvR8l8.jpg

ZTDheyI.jpg

So today on my way home from work I shifted into third. It grinded pretty bad but it has been doing that so I thought nothing of it. Once I started to add gas it just revved. So I took it out of third and put it back in, still just revved. I then went to forth and fifth and drove home. Once in my driveway it was super easy to go to third but would still not drive. I tried to go to first and second but I couldn't. After playing with the clutch and gas I finally got it into second and first but my car would just rev all bogged down and then stall. After I did this I could go to third and it would drive but not very well. Probably because i was starting in third lol. Im not really sure what is causing this and if it is an easy fix. I most likely fried something because my car smelled slightly like something was fried. I need any help I can get. Thanks!

Uffdah that sounds rough....I'm no expert, so take my advice very lightly, but it sounds like the third gear problem would be the synchro (happening to my 5th gear right now but not as bad), but the fact that it's struggling in first and second is strange. I was thinking maybe a combo of shift forks failing and something else, but I'm not sure what else....But like I said, I don't completely know what I'm talking about. I am pretty sure about the synchro in third tho though.

Uffdah that sounds rough....I'm no expert, so take my advice very lightly, but it sounds like the third gear problem would be the synchro (happening to my 5th gear right now but not as bad), but the fact that it's struggling in first and second is strange. I was thinking maybe a combo of shift forks failing and something else, but I'm not sure what else....But like I said, I don't completely know what I'm talking about. I am pretty sure about the synchro in third tho though.

Thanks for the info. Other people think it would be the synchro or shift forks.

Tranny update: Last night I tried again. I can go into all gears fine but first, second, and reverse do not move the car. They just rev and then stall out.

Got her back from the shop. Turned out terminal. They wanted $1000 for a clutch replacement but did not know if that was the problem. If it wasn't then they wanted $2000 more for the complete tranny. We told them no and now she is sitting in my driveway. Ended up having to drive her in 3rd gear all the way. The clutch smelt terrible..... Still loyal even in the last of her dying breaths.... I suppose its good that I am getting my new car this Thursday. I will be making a thread in the for sale section because I will be selling all of the aftermarket parts. If you are lucky and see this before, offer me for anything in pm and I will see what I can. Might even sell the whole car for someone to tinker with. Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions for today is truly a sad day...

Sad that it has to be that way:( I'm always afraid something like this will happen to me someday! What car are you buying?

Why don't you change the clutch? And a junkyard tranny doesn't cost all that much.

A clutch job is pretty straight forward, and changing a transmission literally takes no extra effort if you're already changing the clutch.

@Pimpencoven I am getting a 2014 Scion TC 10 Series.

tFLqt2c.jpg

6lFWT9o.jpg

@Jackie chan We might still try to fix it but I am already getting this car. I am super excited to get it too.

Also, FYI I will be taking my parts and such off this weekend to take pics. I will put the thread up after I get the pics. Thanks again!

The reason I am getting the scion is because if I fix the tranny then idk how long it will be until something else important goes. Both my parents and I figured it would be better in the long run to get a different car. This one happened to be the cheapest of the cars I was looking to get.

Got her back from the shop. Turned out terminal. They wanted $1000 for a clutch replacement but did not know if that was the problem. If it wasn't then they wanted $2000 more for the complete tranny. We told them no and now she is sitting in my driveway. Ended up having to drive her in 3rd gear all the way. The clutch smelt terrible..... Still loyal even in the last of her dying breaths.... I suppose its good that I am getting my new car this Thursday. I will be making a thread in the for sale section because I will be selling all of the aftermarket parts. If you are lucky and see this before, offer me for anything in pm and I will see what I can. Might even sell the whole car for someone to tinker with. Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions for today is truly a sad day...

Sorry to hear man, I'm sure you won't have any issues selling the goodies if you decide to drop the P5 altogether.

Back