Halucod's P5 (Terrible Budget)

wWUmIIg.jpg

Whole Set Up
QmFMfr2.jpg

I have to say, I've never liked cars with green interior lights, but yours looks pretty sweet!!

Finally finished my dash lights project. Had to fix a little oops that happened 2 weekends ago and now it is complete.

Original Red Gauges
SrhVUqY.jpg

New Green Gauges
wWUmIIg.jpg

Whole Set Up
QmFMfr2.jpg

S/O to Tarmac Terrorist for making my oops fixable!

i love lime green and neon green! can you post a link for the leds you used! i need lime green lights to match my lime green badges.

i love lime green and neon green! can you post a link for the leds you used! i need lime green lights to match my lime green badges.

I love green too.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123828919-How-to-LED-interior-lighting

This is the tutorial by Zhy on how to do it. There are 2 links of the lights you need.

Just in case you can't find it for what ever reason:

You will also need particular LEDs. I ordered mine from www.superbrightleds.com, So here are the products I used. You can alwais, ofcourse, use the color you want such as bright yellow instead of cool blue, the choice is yours!
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/228/ --> You will need 4 of those
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/206/ --> You will need 2 of those

Alright guys... Another idea has come to mind. Because my father and I will be replacing the rear quarter panels over the summer to dispose of some rust, I was thinking of giving the whole car a respray. Now I will most likely be using plastidip because for one its cheaper, two I can change the color when ever, and three if anything goes wrong you can just rip it off. Anyways... I am really liking the look of white rims. Now a silver car with white rims looks a little silly. Because I love green I would like to incorporate green some how. Idk if I want to make the whole car like a dark green with white wheels? or maybe lime green with white wheels. Just wondering if anyone has some ideas they can throw my way so I can get a better idea of what colors I want to use.

I suggest you stay away from white rims unless you plan on cleaning them more than once a week. If you like the white/green idea, I would either paint or dip your car white, and go with a lime green for the rims.

if you dip your rims white they will be black by the end of the first day. dirt magnet that stuff is!!

i would advise against dipping the whole car. unless you get a proper spray gun and have enough of it, its going to run you $400 easy. it would actually be cheaper to paint the car yourself. but hey its your choice.

Well I was going to get the car kit for plasti dip which comes with a sprayer and is around 300$ or more which is definitely cheaper than getting it professionally done... As for the rims I am still unsure. I would love to do them tomorrow but all I can get from the store is black and white. To me black looks good but ive already had black rims. I would love something different hence the white. And if I don't like it... then it gets ripped off :)

You can also paint over the plastic dip and still be able to pull it off. I've had my stock rims dipped and painted for 1 year now and it still holds up.

CAM00327.jpg

So... this last weekend my father and I painted my rims white. I think they look great even though I went against almost everything I talked to about making them white.
Here's some pics.

Got her all lifted up.
SLHpjVP.jpg

Got all the wheels off.
uLSRdXE.jpg

All the wheels sanded up and ready to be washed.
GhVO4Ep.jpg

All washed and waiting to dry.
QHNDTwA.jpg

Got a couple of coats on em.
bQDWeW3.jpg

Some shots the night of.
HGEzph1.jpg

xKbyqoQ.jpg

The morning after.
OZzVX2U.jpg

This morning before school.
rpX57la.jpg

Home after school today.
zF6K3PM.jpg

One of my favs
ZCbSZKe.jpg

OOZ5H0u.jpg

Got the AEM stickers on from my intake.
SL1MABg.jpg

So yesterday my dad and I took my headlights out so we could put the new ones in. This morning we got the new headlights and the new grille from azuelke. The headlights are retrofitted HID projectors. They look awesome. Thanks again azuelke!

Here we have the bumper off...
LL1NeCT.jpg

Here we finally got the headlights off after having to drill 2 screws out...
P8sOBDg.jpg

Did not get any pics of the re-install process but here is the finished product.

The lights are on.
mEytjq8.jpg

Both lights on and a shot of the grille.
YOe5PXt.jpg

Lights off.
lhdDC8h.jpg

The grille
ZmXxbkl.jpg

Cool light and wheel shot
fx75dzL.jpg

In other words, my car is finally making some good progress and is slowly coming together. Thanks to everyone for feed back and support!

i dig it. one of the better looking retrofits i've seen for proteges. most of them look like akwward bugeyed creations but these look good. the key is in that black painted shroud.

So... today I was bored so I got an early start on my interior.

New Cup Holders from KrayzieFox
Originally the stock silver. Now white.
CTG8oss.jpg

HVAC and Radio Deck Surround.
Kn5ZlVZ.jpg

Speedometer Surround.
Iydvac8.jpg

8hjE7UW.jpg

All together.
SDKZsj0.jpg

bA4XtWa.jpg

Back