Hail damage

kkatfcrc

Last saturday we had a very bad hail storm in our area and my CX9 (and also my other car - 04 camry) sustained severe damages. I opened claim w/ my insurance company and they are in the process of getting the estimates. My CX9 went thru a hail storm in sep 2010 and the roof was replaced. There is again a possibility of replacing the roof this time. Will the vehicle hold up structurally after 2 roof replacements and is safe to use? Is it going to lose more value due to these damages?
Below is the link for pics of my poor cx9.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4fSiQ8YF14SbC1jMnl5TmJVTkk

Krishna,
Don't worry about the safety. The damage from hail is skin-deep.
There won't be structural damage.
I have seen many while I studied in Texas. One time, it was as big as a baseball....

Krishna,
Don't worry about the safety. The damage from hail is skin-deep.
There won't be structural damage.
I have seen many while I studied in Texas. One time, it was as big as a baseball....

Thanks. Got a call this morning from the auto damage adjuster and the message is that it is a total loss. Estimate for repair is $15,500 and the insurance decided to write it off. It was not what I expected to hear. Actually my other car is also a total loss. So, have to shop for at least 1 car immediately.

You always have the ability to buy your vehicle back from the Insurance company and also fight to get the most amount of money from the claim.
I did this with my sons Chrysler Sebring and got a few extra hundred dollars from the claim as they kinda low balled the value of the vehicle.
We bought the vehicle back from the insurance company and had a body shop fix the damage and there was a lot of damage for less then what I got from the insurance company.
There are a couple of options that you can do.
We still had full coverage on the Chrysler.

CX5? ;-)

WOW, that's ugly damage. Believe it or not, we just had a golfball sized hailstorm in Hawaii. We have a carport, so I ran out at 5 am and squeezed my BRAND NEW 2012 CX9 as far under cover as I could! The butt and rear glass still stuck out some, but it's pretty impervious to the smaller stuff, as you can see from your pictures.

Happy car hunting..

you could buy it back, but i believe it will be a salvage title. not worth it for that new a car IMO.

you could buy it back, but i believe it will be a salvage title. not worth it for that new a car IMO.

After some thinking we have decided to let it go. Not sure what my next vehicle is going to be. But CX9 is truly an amazing vehicle.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm actually at a CAT location right now in Louisville, KY and have been stationed at a drive in for 3 weeks for hail claims. (this is why I have been absent on here) So I know a little something about this. We are totaling almost eveything out. Everything is a total mainly because salvage bid are very high. If a car is worth 10k, we write a 6k estimate, and get a 6k salvage bid, it would cost us more to repair the car, than it would for us to total it out. The salvage bids are very high right now because there is nothing wrong with these cars other than a bunch of dents so salvage buyers love to cake them up with bondo and resell them.

It is usually very beneficial to buy your car back because at least in my state, if your car is older than 2006, and its totaled, it wont require a salvage title, AND you can get it repaired for much less than what the insurance company pays you for the total loss. Its a win win for cars older than 2006.

My wife had severe hail damage on her 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe. Insurance company paid $4200 to have it repaired via PDR. Amazing job--looked perfect.

Back