H&R Springs with stock struts

fsd_619

:
2008 MazdaSpeed3GT
Ok, Im having trouble finding a straight answer. I am looking to buy H&R lowering springs, I need to know if I NEED to buy the camber arms because this drop is "significant" apparently and causes the tow of the tire to be all off and yadadada. Also I plan on running these springs on my current set up which is the msp racingharts on 225/50/17 tires. I want to go back to the stock 18s but run 225/40/18. Would I rub on any of these combos. I would like to run a thicker sidewall in the future like a 45series with 17x8+45 rim would there be any issues there?. If anyone has advice on this please let me know. I found answers but the threads are kinda outdated just want current info thanks.

Ok, Im having trouble finding a straight answer. I am looking to buy H&R lowering springs, I need to know if I NEED to buy the camber arms because this drop is "significant" apparently and causes the tow of the tire to be all off and yadadada.

The short answer is no. But you will go through tires fast. I have the H&R springs and no camber arms and I'm currently running 2.5 degrees of negative camber in the rear because of the drop. And it's camber that's what changes (hence camber arms) not the toe.

Also I plan on running these springs on my current set up which is the msp racingharts on 225/50/17 tires. I want to go back to the stock 18s but run 225/40/18. Would I rub on any of these combos.

No.

I would like to run a thicker sidewall in the future like a 45series with 17x8+45 rim would there be any issues there?

You just said that you wanted to run a 225/40s on the stock 18s? How many sets of wheels/tires are you going to run at once? But no, higher series tire on the smaller wheel shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone has advice on this please let me know. I found answers but the threads are kinda outdated just want current info thanks.

There isn't anything outdated about the info on the camber arms because nothing has changed about these cars.

Back