h.g. help!!!!!!!!!!!

20mazda3

:
2005 Mazda 3
I'm not too familiar with the internals of the msp's and i'm having to change a head gasket on a car because he surged to 20 PSI!!!!!!!!!!! anyone know where to find a step by step? how about torque specs? my biggest issue is the best way to get the timing cover off and completely dis-assemble that DOHC head so we can get it checked out at the machine shop HELP ME PLEASE!! also, does anyone know about how many flag hours the job is?

PLEASE!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! we started tearing the car appart today and we have to get it done by hot import daze on the 9th!!! I really just need torque specs on everythign (head and cams) as soon as I can get them!!!! I'm going to try my luck at the dealer tomrorrow but they dont' like me much since I flipped one of their parts trucks

You need to get a haynes manual. I have the specs, but its so long you have to torque them in certain sequence and 3 times. If you tow it to my shop in Plano we can finish it for you pretty quick. It's about 10-14 flag hours. We charge $60 per hour. Don't mix up the lifters or cam caps if you havent taken em out yet.

tht's alright dude.. I'm doing it because i'M trying to save a friend some money, I'm charging him about 40 an hour, and with the time I've worked on it with the progress i've made, and the forecast progress, it will be done with 14 hours of working on it.. and it's a good learning experience for me.. I'll just find the torque specs somewhere..

good... at 80 lbs, his block would more than likely have broken head bolts in them... haha

+ a few degrees, thus the tq-to-yield, they wont tq higher than they need to be, unless you go too far and make them fail

hey thanks a million for everyone's help esp the ENTIRE repair manual link.. it turns out the head gasket wasn't even blown, but when we got it off, we saw scratches all over the cylinder walls of the 2 cylinders that lost compression so I'm working on getting the pistons out right now so I can hone the cylinder walls, and put it all back together with new rings and rod bearings.. now tell me this hasn't turned into a costly track visit (doh)

mbsp!

main bearing support plate/oil pan upper block
I need more help!!!!!! I got the oil pan off, and now i'm stuck! I can't get the upper oil pan block off!!!! I took off all bolts that are visible from under the car even 3 or 4 were sideways (it's the fs motor) but that stupid block will not pry off!!!! it seems like I missed some bolts but there's no way because I can't find any more. the spot where it's stuck it towards the back of the block (driver's side) where it's about to turn into the transmittion bell housing/flywheel inspection plate. it just will not pry off! I'm being realy careful, because I realize it's aluminum, but I've already broken several pry tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help anyone! hopefully I will figure it out soon but still, any help is really appreciated.

Probably the broken rod in the motor is holding the pan on... lol, sorry.

there are two small bolts that holt the upper oilpan/girdle on that go through to the rear main seal... you need to either remove the tranny, or drill two holes in the bell housing. there are a few people that have done this. search for the thread

Last edited:
ooohhh... good call. I forgot about those stupid bolts.

I'm new to the whole internet forum thing so I'm having trouble finding them.. if anyone can help me, it would be appreciated, other wise I'm gona drill a pilot hole and find them from there... there is a pretty good illustration on that repair manual link, maybe I can try to judge off of that

BlkZoomZoom said:
Probably the broken rod in the motor is holding the pan on... lol, sorry.
I wish...
it's not my car, in that case he would have toget new internals... and we dont' beleive in going back to stock on major components like that (guitar)

20mazda3 said:
I wish...
it's not my car, in that case he would have toget new internals... and we dont' beleive in going back to stock on major components like that (guitar)

You need to stop and come up with a game plan. You will not be able to hone the block right in the car. The oil sprayers under the pistons will need to come out. Not sure you can remove them in the car. You should remove the engine.

Back