Can't see trailer when backing up CX-5

:
W WA
:
2024 CX-5 Premium
I have a small fishing boat that I tow with my 2020 CX5. I know how to back a trailer but find it extra difficult with the CX5 because I can't see the trailer or the boat in the mirrors. The backup camera doesn't show enough to be helpful. I'm thinking of putting a little flag or two on the rear of the boat or trailer so that I can see something to help guide me backing. Anyone have any other suggestions?

A couple of the circular, orange, fiberglass driveway markers, attached with cable ties, would likely work well.

Open the hatch?
I wonder why I never thought of that? Could be a solution, I will give it a try. I also got a couple of magnetic telescoping flags that I will put on the stern corners of the boat when I'm launching. It will be next season before I can test any of this though.

I opened the hatch, and when I pulled out of the water, my sonar slipped out of the trunk, and plopped into a foot of water.

I purchased a mirror that straps onto the existing mirror. Of course, the straps were too short.

A camera on top of the roof would be the way to go.

Back