Gutting Primary Cat?

TRUE

:
2004 Mazda 3 Sport
Thought about gutting my primary cat in the stock header to get more power from the car. Also thought about getting a vibrant header BUT im afraid it will make the car way to loud for my taste and thats just not okay lol. So keeping the stock header the car will stay relatively quieter but also gain a little tone and power from gutting the cat in the stock header. Any thoughts/oppinnions?

Also will this give a CEL? Im pretty sure it will but, i have a 2nd 02 bung in my exhaust, so could i just relocate the 02 sensor in the stock header to the exhaust and will that fix the CEL? Thaaaaaaaanks!

(i have a vibrant CBE that came with an exhaust bung behind the 2nd cat (which is now a hfc because of the vibrant cbe). since my car is not a pzev we just capped it up)

Last edited:
Buy the header!!! I don't think it will be to to loud (only when your really smashing the gas). Also, when you buy the header I think Vibrant comes with a O2 relocation kit so no CEL.

Buy the header!!! I don't think it will be to to loud (only when your really smashing the gas). Also, when you buy the header I think Vibrant comes with a O2 relocation kit so no CEL.

down the road i think eventually ill buy the header, but as for now this would be a temp fix! so i need suggestions on this lol

what about getting rid of the second cat just before the muffler that should give you more power and more of a tone and their should not be any cel problems but that's my 2 cents

what about getting rid of the second cat just before the muffler that should give you more power and more of a tone and their should not be any cel problems but that's my 2 cents

well my vibrant cbe replaces the original cat with a hi flow cat. i dont wanna cut off the new hfc to weld in a test pipe ya know? id be ruining a nice brand new system lol, thats why im lookin at the pre cat!

I have just replaced exhaust with an OBX racing header, original 2nd cat, and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. I have been driving for the past 2 days and now my engine light is on.. got it checked out and its saying I am missing a CAT.. 03 MP3 here.. any suggestions?

I have just replaced exhaust with an OBX racing header, original 2nd cat, and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. I have been driving for the past 2 days and now my engine light is on.. got it checked out and its saying I am missing a CAT.. 03 MP3 here.. any suggestions?

I think you need a o2 sensor realocation

Back