GT28RS On Stock MSP Manifold Help!

_Sloteg_

Proteg Type Arrr
Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Sloteg & 2008 CX-7 Touring!<--Wifes
Ok,I just Test Fitted the GT28RS with the stock manifold on the head and it's not going to happen.....This isn't anything new. My question is to anyone that has ran this turbo with the stock manifold how did you get the wastegate to fit?

I've read all about cutting/re-welding the WG bracket but, thats alot more of a headache then I'm looking forward to....

Is there any other way?

I've tried to mount the old T25 wastegate on the GT28RS with no success also.

All the old post about the GT28RS install's seam to have disappeared....(ughdance)

Last edited:
Kicker22705 installed his GT28RS on the stock manifold like a month ago. All I know is that it was a pain and took like 14 hours. Either he or CustomMSP can tell you how they got it to work.

All i know is the waste gate has to be moved and i belive the turbo housing has to be clocked slightly.

I installed the GT28RS on my car and wastegate was moved already it looks like they cut the rod, bent it and welded it back together here are the only pix i have. The wastegate is at same spot as the stock turbo. Good Luck

GT28RS-3-e.jpg

GR28RS-6-e.jpg

GT28RS-2-e.jpg

I think what my problem is, is that I need to clock the turbo and move the WGA bracket closer to the coldside outlet.....I'll be taking it to work tomarrow to do this....

I'll also be making that bracket for the WGA arm.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit: To give everyone a everyone a better idea about what I was talking about above... the circles are where the WGA Bracket is at now and how my coldside outlet is sitting....

MSpaint...(poke)

Attachments

• discovs.stock2.jpg
    discovs.stock2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Back