Groaning from rear suspension! Anyone else?

Quik89Si

:
Wrecked MSP
Okay - so I've had the clunk, had it fixed, and now it's back a little bit.

However, at the same time, when I come to a stop, and the weight shifts back over the rear end, I get a nice loud *eeerrrrrrrrkk* or *squark* out of either side of the rear end. Basically any time that there is a slower movement of the rear suspension is when I get it.

Has anybody else had this problem? I'm going to take it to the dealer soon, but just curious.

Alex

yes, i just started getting this yesterday.....i was about to post about it.

It is pissing me off. Im about to make an appointment.

it sounds like the car is falling apart. I hope i have no warranty problems with this because i have installed sportline springs.

the last bushings they put in were over a year ago so i can't complain that they didn't last too long though.

Yeah...my second set lasted about a year.

As for the falling apart part, if I have my radio down and am driving slow into the driveway or a parking lot, it sounds like everything could just fall apart....
MSP #167 said:
it sounds like the car is falling apart. I hope i have no warranty problems with this because i have installed sportline springs.

the last bushings they put in were over a year ago so i can't complain that they didn't last too long though.

My car squeeks all the time. The strut bar has been worn out. This is the 3rd time I've had problems and replacements for the bushings/bar. The 2nd time the fix lasted about a year. Why can't they make a decent longer lasting set that will save everybody time and money?

I am also experiencing problems with my alarm module. When I lock the door using the remote the parking lights stay on.

I hate the deck as well. This is the 3rd time I've experienced problems with the deck. This time the CDs won't eject.

At least Mazda is being cool about it and I'm getting everything replaced later this week. I think I might just sell the deck after I get the new one and put in one without as many headaches.

Mazda is quite familiar about our problems...all I had to do was mention it to the mechanic and he said it was quie common and then he went to put the order in.

mine has just started sqeeking within the last week as well. i'm fairly certain its those damn bushings on the sway bar. i just dont have the time to take the car in. and i'm getting my radio replaced for the second time too.

pb4ugoout said:
mine has just started sqeeking within the last week as well. i'm fairly certain its those damn bushings on the sway bar. i just dont have the time to take the car in. and i'm getting my radio replaced for the second time too.

I guess I'm not alone! I need to get this fixed, it's annoying...along with the rear valance falling off, and the bracket holding the downpipe breaking, and the hesitation (not yet flashed)...blah!

Alex

Quik89Si said:
I guess I'm not alone! I need to get this fixed, it's annoying...along with the rear valance falling off, and the bracket holding the downpipe breaking, and the hesitation (not yet flashed)...blah!

Alex

i have had my rear valence repaired three times now. the mechanic at the Mazda dealer said it is not ever going to stay in place. it is an issue every speed owner will have at some point. they made the rear valence a little too large and it is bending away from the bumper.

That'll happen, it's a pre-cursor to the clunk coming back.

Like the post above mentions, if you pop off the bushings, clean and re-lube them, it'll go away, for a while.

I jumped at the Delsing Klunk Fix brackets and bushings when they came out last year because I was so sick of dealing with this. Not a peep now! Well, until the lube on my bushings dries up, then it groans until I re-lube them.

Back