grindy clutch pedal?

Valk

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege, 2002 Protege 5, 2003 Protege ESGT
been searching around for this, but i havent owned a manual tranny before so i dont even know really want to ask heh.

I jsut traded my white p5 in for a nice yellow msp. put a bunch of miles on it trying to get used to the thing since my p5 was a auto lol. much more fun ill say that much.

anyway. apparently the lots inspect them yada yada.. i dont get this all the time, but most of the time..if i push the clutch in, about 3/4 of the way down it will start to feel grindy. or creeky?

the clutch works as it should from what i can tell.

car all around seems a little creeky but that might jsut be the stiffer suspension and some stuff needs to be tightened.

this last thing only happened once to me today, but i was accellerating in 3rd on the highway. let off a little gas and the car just like.. shuddered violently lol.

im stil lnoob to the stick *although havent had any problems really since i learnt on a 3 banger stick* but a noob to boost more i guess heh.

I dont know honestly. but if feels fine when its engaging. this car is actually pretty easy to drive, i was suprised.

when you accelerate hard does it ever feel like its revving up and not accelerating fast enough? thats slipping

no. it pulls very hard and predictably the whole way. the pedal is just grindy at the floor.

humm...got me stumped. maybe a throw out bearing. does it make any noise that you can hear? with it being grindy i would bet its the pilot or throwout bearing.

just a little squeeky. but ive never put my foot on one that wasnt.. maybe get under there with some lube?

does it just need a little lube, or would I have to replace it? guess ill have to get under there and look with a friend pushing the clutch?

if its the bearing its a replace and could get costly if you cant do it yourself. the labor is wat would be expensive

I guess this would be a bearing in the clutch assembly or is it in the pedal assembly?
just asking since i dont see a part labeled "Throwout Bearing" in the workshop manual.

hey valk do you here strange sound and when you push the clutch in it goes away let it out comes back again make sure you bring your car out to next meet yellow is not my fav color but it sure suits the msp

it squeeks like most clutches ive used but its not a loud obnoxious sound. just feels kinda raspy at the floor.

ill be sure to put away some cash for the ferry. although they keep raising that damn price everytime i come over....

msp yellow is nice. but p5 yellow.. not so much..

wow s***.. the other yellow MSP in victoria. I'm also from Vic. and drive a yellow MSP. Valk --- I got the same thing on mine.. if you move the pedal to the left or right it goes away, which to me means that it something to do with the pedal assembly. no big deal really -- i havn't had time to look @ it but i think some lube might fix it.

hey man =D i just got my msp. traded my white p5 with red interior for it. we should hook up sometime, Im sure you have some experiences id liek to hear heh.

Back