Governor

just an FYI

I dun feel like looking it up, but if you care to prove me wrong in terms of "misquoting", go look for yourself. A Mazda guy posted on another similar thread that there *IS* indeed a governor. Go find the thread if you dont believe me, i saw it and dont need to find it again.

ah yes, theMAN said that. trust me, that govener is there to keep you from getting past around 132-135. He is right, there is one. Drag stops you at the same speed, and gearing won't allow much after that anyway. Its just one of those things man. There really is no need for this start again. delete the thread, someone close it, make me some chicken..damn i need a cigarette.

There is no governer it has something to do with fuel. You can ask any of the guys on the sight with the hi boost setup. Pirana post doing 140 and maybe aliitle more racing a lexus. I think it was a lexus.

Thanks Blackwidow but they are bickering over the MSP not the P5 boosted or otherwise!

I understand that they are talking about the msp. The point that I was unclearly trying to make is to get some sort of stand alone fuel management. That is why I used the hi boost setup since they use the haltech f10. I apologize for not stating my point more clearly and causing a confusion.

Blackwidow... do yourself a favor... and im not intending this to be a flame, but it's frustrating reading things over and over again, so sorry if you take it that way...

there IS a governor, a mazda employee who attended a meeting about the car was TOLD such. if you don't believe that, go become a mazda employee and find out for yourself, or find his post, or contact mazda or theMAN. there might be drag limitatations at the same speed, but thats not what slows the car down. there was worry about lift created on the car at speeds higher than 130, so they put a governor on so that kids wouldn't fly around, and flip their car. do some research as opposed to presuming things based on other cars. the MSP DOES HAVE A GOVERNOR. Admin, please close thread and save us all.

The MSP has a speed govener. Its like 132-135MPH. IF you somehow remove that govener, DRAG will stop you immediately after, IF you drastically increase your power, GEAR will hinder your progress immediately after that. period. The P5/ES/LX/DX/MP3 don't have that speed limiter, but drag and gear do come into effect.

With the gearing the msp will redline 5th gear at about 145 mph. Governor is at 130-135 or so.

I think someone actually figured out the exact gearing in the car. I didn't think it was that high. Even if, its stil 135 vs 145..entirely too fast.

jersey_emt said:
Nope.

I've been over 130 in my MSP.

It's drag and gear limited....no governor.

Hmm... Motor Trend had it listed as Electronically limited.

why not set the gearing to top speed around 115-120 and crank more 1/4mile speed? mmmmmmm...speed

Back