Governor

yllowmsp35

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I hit the governor on my msp the other day on the back highway the other night, its 125mph... i was kinda disapointed, everyone elses like that? I was just wondering what 140mph felt like.. :wtf:

jersey_emt said:
Nope.

I've been over 130 in my MSP.

It's drag and gear limited....no governor.

Are you sure about that??? I still had room on the tach both times that I hit the cut. Once at 135, and once at 132.

Being that this is already gonna go down in flames, I'll help it along:D
I was thinking last week while driving through the mountains...
Lets just say I was on a 7% grade decline, and I accelerated up to 135mph, right before the fuel/spark cut. If I popped it into neutral, could I possibly pick up speed still and get 140 on the speedo??? Not that I would ever think about trying it, but the thought popped into my head...

Dexter said:
its either that or the MAF maxes the **** out.

That was what I was about to say. If it were drag limited, then it would just creep slowly up to a certain speed and then not be able to go any faster because of the shape.
If it were speed limited, then it would cut at the same speed everytime, which it does not.

Matthew said:
YES this has been discussed at serious length.

I was only pointing out a false statement.

CHILL THE F#$% OUT YOU ALL!!!!!

jersey_emt said:
Nope.

I've been over 130 in my MSP.

It's drag and gear limited....no governor.

It's not gear limited, try this calculator , if we have enough HP, theoraticly we could go over 150 MPH with our existing gear ratio.

OH NO!
NOT AGAIN!

Who cares?I think we can ALL agree that there is somethign that stops the MSP from doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 135MPH whether it be a limiter the MAF or friggin laws of MSP nature.

Matt:eek:

I am going 150 MPH right now!!!!!

Oh wait I am just drunk this is my brokedown ol desk not my brokedown ol MSP

simply awesome, check out my sig for my latest mods..seriously..i was going like 160 passing everybody..no one can stand up to the fury of the dx..

Originally posted by who else but DEXTER
WHY KANT I GOT 150MPH. DIS CAR SUCX I GET SUBWAY STI now

Sweet God make the laughing stop. I can't feel my lungs anymore.

Back