Got something interesting in the mail today

robin2660

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
Mazda is extending the warranty for valve train and turbo to 7 years/70,000 miles for excessive lifter/timing chain noise and smoking turbos. Finally acknowledging the problem!

And a buck short and day late. I just rolled over 80,000 miles...
Thank my lucky stars I haven't had any problems though :)

Yeah I'm at 84,xxx miles... I haven't had any problems either though :)

I'm at 27,xxxmiles....and a smoking turbo :(
but my warranty pay

its a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3

Got my notice in the mail today. 3 1/2 years in and 26,xxx miles. Guess I'll get to seven years before I get to 84 kilomiles. :D

Including people who's warranty has already elapsed? Because I just ran out this past fall. I'm at 60k and change.

Got the Smoking Turbo AND Timing Chain notices too. Would've been great 20k ago.

Had 85,553 clicks on the odometer when I stopped at the mailbox.

A little smoke but not enough to worry me.

As for TC noise? With all the creaks and rattles from the dash/suspension, I'll never hear it :)

I just had mine in for the smoking turbo.
They didn't replace the turbo, but installed a turbo ventilation kit?

I haven't had any problems yet either (45K) but it's nice to know they'll stand behind the product. I wonder how they decide whether it's a ventilation system or a new turbo?

yeah im at 107k so i dont qualify either! damnn! hasnt blown up yet, but found out my turbo is shot! oil blowing out between the two housings somewhere! time to rebuild! better turbo internals ;) more powwaaa!

Mine is just the valve train as well, no turbo. But my VIN is withing the range of the turbo replacement TSB (Speed 3's manufactured before July 2008). I assume that the turbo is part of the 5 year drivetrain warranty...?

Hmm... I've gotten no letter not that it would matter anyways.

I got mine and i had rolled 70k 3 days before i got my letter. and i started smoking after 60k. think ford would do this for free cause i bought their extended warranty? (bought used from a ford dealer)

i got the letter yesterday informing me about the extension for both the vvt noice and the exhaust smoke. however, im just over 70k as well

I haven't had any problems yet either (45K) but it's nice to know they'll stand behind the product. I wonder how they decide whether it's a ventilation system or a new turbo?

stand behind the product

haha

next lilac fest, lemme chat with your girl for a minute

i got 2 letters in the mail one for my 2008.5 MS3 and one for my wifes 2006 MS6. both of our cars are under 55k. the letters we received are for the VVT noise and the Timing Chain noise. both of our cars seem fine but looks like ill bring it in anyway.

Back